Old 03-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Carlos Mennens

Default Unable To Rendor PHP Pages in Apache

I today installed Apache on my Arch Linux server. I did the following:

# pacman -S php apache php-apache mcrypt pcre

Then I edited the /etc/php/php.ini file & un-commented the following:

[...]
extension=mcrypt.so
extension=mysql.so
extension=mysqli.so
;extension=odbc.so
;extension=openssl.so
;extension=pdo.so
;extension=pdo_mysql.so
[...]

I then restarted the 'httpd' service and when I try to render a HTML
page with PHP code, it wont rendor the code properly and just looks
like a script / code. I don't understand why I can't get Apache to
render PHP pages. Does anyone know what I am missing? This is only a
problem for me on Arch. RHEL, Debian, Ubuntu. and Slackware all work
out of the box.

Any suggestions?

Old 03-23-2010, 08:16 PM
"Guilherme M. Nogueira"

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Carlos Mennens <carloswill@gmail.com>wrote:

> Any suggestions?

Read this wiki entry: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LAMP
It should get you to a working apache + php.

--
Guilherme M. Nogueira
- Arthur C. Clarke

Old 03-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Ionut Biru

[...]

yes. read the wiki about LAMP. installing packages is not enough. you
have to tell apache to use php and is described on the wiki.

--
Ionut

Old 03-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Denis Kobozev

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Ionut Biru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/23/2010 11:12 PM, Carlos Mennens wrote:
>> Any suggestions?
>
> yes. read the wiki about LAMP. installing packages is not enough. you have
> to tell apache to use php and is described on the wiki.

That's a hefty article on the wiki I think you're only looking for
these two lines that go into httpd.conf:

LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so
Include conf/extra/php5_module.conf

Denis.