Old 03-19-2010, 05:29 AM
Nilesh Govindarajan

Default Open Konsole Here ???

KDE used to have an "Open Konsole Here" option as it appears in Nautilus
when you install nautilus-open-terminal. Where's it vanished ? Or I'm
missing some addon ?

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site& Server Adminstrator

Old 03-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Gaurish Sharma

On Friday 19 Mar 2010 11:59:06 am Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> KDE used to have an "Open Konsole Here" option as it appears in Nautilus
> when you install nautilus-open-terminal. Where's it vanished ? Or I'm
> missing some addon ?
your question is not clear. KDE's default file manager is Dolphin. Nautilus is
for gnome only.

For opening teminal in dolphin.

Tools --> Open Terminal
Or
Press SHIFT + F4

Gaurish Sharma
www.gaurishsharma.com

Old 03-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Nilesh Govindarajan

On 03/19/2010 04:20 PM, Gaurish Sharma wrote:

On Friday 19 Mar 2010 11:59:06 am Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:

KDE used to have an "Open Konsole Here" option as it appears in Nautilus
when you install nautilus-open-terminal. Where's it vanished ? Or I'm
missing some addon ?

your question is not clear. KDE's default file manager is Dolphin. Nautilus is
for gnome only.

For opening teminal in dolphin.

Tools --> Open Terminal
Or
Press SHIFT + F4

How to make that action appear in context menu of the file manager (rt.
click) ?

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator

Old 03-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Gaurish Sharma

On Friday 19 Mar 2010 4:32:11 pm Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:

> How to make that action appear in context menu of the file manager (rt.
> click) ?

Hi,
Try this:
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/?content=48411

Gaurish Sharma
www.gaurishsharma.com

Old 03-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Shridhar Daithankar

On Friday 19 March 2010 11:59:06 Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> KDE used to have an "Open Konsole Here" option as it appears in Nautilus
> when you install nautilus-open-terminal. Where's it vanished ? Or I'm
> missing some addon ?

Hit F4 in dolphin . Although it will open konsole part and not a full
fledged konsole.
--
Regards
Shridhar

Old 03-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Gaurish Sharma

On Friday 19 Mar 2010 4:32:11 pm Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> On 03/19/2010 04:20 PM, Gaurish Sharma wrote:
> > On Friday 19 Mar 2010 11:59:06 am Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> >> KDE used to have an "Open Konsole Here" option as it appears in Nautilus
> >> when you install nautilus-open-terminal. Where's it vanished ? Or I'm
> >> missing some addon ?
> >
> > your question is not clear. KDE's default file manager is Dolphin.
> > Nautilus is for gnome only.
> >
> > For opening teminal in dolphin.
> >
> > Tools --> Open Terminal
> > Or
> > Press SHIFT + F4
>
> How to make that action appear in context menu of the file manager (rt.
> click) ?
Hi,
Did some more research.I got it working using Root Actions Servicemenu.

[1] http://www.imagebam.com/image/522ba872613979
Gaurish Sharma
www.gaurishsharma.com

Old 03-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Attila

At Freitag, 19. März 2010 12:02 Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:

> How to make that action appear in context menu of the file manager (rt.
> click) ?

It is in the submenu "Actions" (i hope this is the word in english version
because i use german) and can run for a selection too.

If you use the konqueror as filemanger instead of dolphn than you can choose the
shortcut by yourself. if you want another terminal than you can do this in the
systemsettings under standard components.

Have fun with it, Attila