Old 03-18-2010, 11:05 PM
Ng Oon-Ee

Default New versioned-dep libgl on xorg-server

Hi, I saw this mentioned in the forums as well, but it was basically a
'wait for new version' advise given.

Latest xorg-server in [testing] (1.7.6-1) has a versioned dep on libgl
(libgl>=7.7.0.901). I'm sure there's reasons for this, since as I recall
versioned deps are used sparingly if at all.

I use nvidia-utils-beta however, and it only provides libgl (no specific
version). nvidia-utils from [extra] is the same. Is it safe to merely
make nvidia-utils-beta provide libgl=7.7.0.901, and will this be done
with the nvidia-utils backage from [extra]?

Old 03-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Ng Oon-Ee

2010/3/19 Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@gmail.com>:
> Hi, I saw this mentioned in the forums as well, but it was basically a
> 'wait for new version' advise given.
>
> Latest xorg-server in [testing] (1.7.6-1) has a versioned dep on libgl
> (libgl>=7.7.0.901). I'm sure there's reasons for this, since as I recall
> versioned deps are used sparingly if at all.
>
> I use nvidia-utils-beta however, and it only provides libgl (no specific
> version). nvidia-utils from [extra] is the same. Is it safe to merely
> make nvidia-utils-beta provide libgl=7.7.0.901, and will this be done
> with the nvidia-utils backage from [extra]?

Typical, immediately after typing the above email I update my 32-bit
chroot and realize no conflicts there, and that xorg-server in
[testing] is at 1.7.6-2.... which of course removes the versioned dep.

Sorry for the noise.