Old 03-18-2010, 06:17 AM
"David C. Rankin"

Default kernel26 2.6.32.10-1 Boot Failure at initrd/initramfs

Guys,

I just attempted an update which installed kernel26 2.6.32.10-1 on my x86_64
box. After the update, the box failed to boot and the boot process stopped at
the initrd/initramfs. (I have the slash because I can't remember the exact
init----) But it was very early in the boot process. I have checked logs and
nothing for this boot attempt was written to the logs. I suspect it was too
early in the boot process for logging to be enabled.

I have never tried to recover from a failed arch boot before. What's the proper
way. Boot with the install cd and chroot your install and either downgrade to
the last kernel or try mkinitcpio again?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC