Old 03-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Thomas Bächler

Default kernel26 2.6.32.10-1

Packages are NOT in testing (as 2.6.33 is there), but available from
http://dev.archlinux.org/~thomas/kernel26/

Please sign off.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Thomas Bächler

Old 03-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Montag, 15. März 2010 21:51:17 schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> Packages are NOT in testing (as 2.6.33 is there), but available from
> http://dev.archlinux.org/~thomas/kernel26/
>
> Please sign off.

Could you explain why you build this kernel then?

Old 03-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Allan McRae

Packages are NOT in testing (as 2.6.33 is there), but available from
http://dev.archlinux.org/~thomas/kernel26/

Please sign off.

Could you explain why you build this kernel then?

Probably because the kernel usually makes it to [core] on the .2 or .3
release. So we probably should not ignore the version in [core] while
we wait.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Dan McGee

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 6:51 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Montag, 15. März 2010 21:51:17 schrieb Thomas Bächler:
>> Packages are NOT in testing (as 2.6.33 is there), but available from
>> http://dev.archlinux.org/~thomas/kernel26/
>>
>> Please sign off.
>
> Could you explain why you build this kernel then?

There are likely security issues in 2.6.32.9, which we have in [core],
and with no for sure status on 2.6.33 and whether it can move in the
near future he thought it might be a good idea to get this out
there...

On that note, I should be able to test this at work today, Thomas.

-Dan

Old 03-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Thomas Bächler

Am 16.03.2010 12:51, schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> Am Montag, 15. März 2010 21:51:17 schrieb Thomas Bächler:
>> Packages are NOT in testing (as 2.6.33 is there), but available from
>> http://dev.archlinux.org/~thomas/kernel26/
>>
>> Please sign off.
>
> Could you explain why you build this kernel then?

We've had requests to keep maintaining the core kernel while testing a
new series in testing. I wanted to move this kernel to core today, but
there hasn't been a single response - in the end, it again seems like
nobody actually cares.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Dienstag, 16. März 2010 13:16:41 schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> Am 16.03.2010 12:51, schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> > Am Montag, 15. März 2010 21:51:17 schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> >> Packages are NOT in testing (as 2.6.33 is there), but available from
> >> http://dev.archlinux.org/~thomas/kernel26/
> >>
> >> Please sign off.
> >
> > Could you explain why you build this kernel then?
>
> We've had requests to keep maintaining the core kernel while testing a
> new series in testing. I wanted to move this kernel to core today, but
> there hasn't been a single response - in the end, it again seems like
> nobody actually cares.

I appreciate this if it does fix security problems. It's a little harder to
test though (third party modules and such). But I should be able to sign off
today.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 16.03.2010 14:09, schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> I appreciate this if it does fix security problems. It's a little harder to
> test though (third party modules and such). But I should be able to sign off
> today.

I was able to test the x86_64 version, and with some time I can also
test i686 later.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Dan McGee

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 16.03.2010 14:09, schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
>> I appreciate this if it does fix security problems. It's a little harder to
>> test though (third party modules and such). But I should be able to sign off
>> today.
>
> I was able to test the x86_64 version, and with some time I can also
> test i686 later.

Signoff x86_64.

$ dmesg | head -n1
Linux version 2.6.32-ARCH (thomas@evey) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #1
SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 15 20:44:03 CET 2010

Old 03-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Montag, 15. März 2010 21:51:17 schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> Please sign off.

sign off i686