Old 03-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanos Zygouris

Default twm: cannot open fontset

Hello listmates,

Here is a problem i encountered:
twm doesn't start...i got this message instead:
/usr/bin/twm: unable to open fontset <anyfont>

I tried almost all the fonts xfontsel showed me, including "fixed",
"terminal", "terminus", but with no success...
But when i changed my $LANG from en_US.utf8 to C, twm worked!

I tried to start twm into my friends pc (archlinux x64 also) and it worked
right away (LANG=en_US.utf8)

Searched Google and Archlinux forums, but seems like i'm the only person who
have this problem (or bother with twm :P)
I'd like to log in to twm, without having to change $LANG variable (as the
normal behaviour is)...Can someone help me here?

PS. I attached my xorg.conf, in case it matters...

Old 03-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Daenyth Blank

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 09:14, Thanos Zygouris
<thanos.zygouris@gmail.com> wrote:
> But when i changed my $LANG from en_US.utf8 to C, twm worked!
Is en_US.utf8 uncommented in locale.gen and have you rebuilt locales?

Old 03-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanos Zygouris

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 19:32, Daenyth Blank
<daenyth+arch@gmail.com<daenyth%2Barch@gmail.com >
> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 09:14, Thanos Zygouris
> <thanos.zygouris@gmail.com> wrote:
> > But when i changed my $LANG from en_US.utf8 to C, twm worked!
> Is en_US.utf8 uncommented in locale.gen and have you rebuilt locales?

Yes. (The command is locale-gen,right?)