Old 03-13-2010, 09:10 PM
"David C. Rankin"

Default Where to install python apps: /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/xyz??

On 03/13/2010 07:44 AM, Evangelos Foutras wrote:
> On 13/03/2010 11:27 πμ, David C. Rankin wrote:
>> I don't know how I missed the repoview in AUR, I had to get about
>> 6 packages
>> from AUR to build 'yum-createrepo' and I could have sworn I checked for
>> repoview, but I guess I didn't.
>
> Did you not receive my reply [1]? I clearly state that I uploaded a new
> package, so you wouldn't have found anything if you searched for
> repoview prior to this thread.
>
> ---
> [1]
> http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2010-March/011947.html

Thanks Evangelos,

I did miss it, must have been tired. See my thread "Something really wrong with
createrepo.." Looks like you pulled the development version into the AUR package
which I can't get to work. The stable version (4.11) works just fine, but has a
few deprecation warnings. I do have a question, would the same patches apply to
the stable version that you apply to the development version?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC

Old 03-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Evangelos Foutras

I did miss it, must have been tired. See my thread "Something really wrong with
createrepo.." Looks like you pulled the development version into the AUR package
which I can't get to work. The stable version (4.11) works just fine, but has a
few deprecation warnings. I do have a question, would the same patches apply to
the stable version that you apply to the development version?

Are you talking about the yum-createrepo [1] package? I have no clue
what the deal with that is; I only uploaded a package for repoview [2]
and as far as I can see, it doesn't pull in yum-createrepo. If you're
having problems with the yum-createrepo package, add a comment on its
AUR page to let its maintainer know.

Cheers.

----