Old 03-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Chris Allison

Default rsyncd pid file already exists

Hi,

rsync when run as a daemon from /etc/rc.d/rsyncd writes it's own pid
file to /var/run/rsyncd.pid
this conflicts with the start-stop script which also writes the pid
file. I couldn't get rsync to start as a daemon after upgrading
yesterday, without commenting out the line in the start-stop script:
case "$1" in
start)
stat_busy "Starting rsyncd"
[ ! -f /var/run/daemons/rsyncd ] && /usr/bin/rsync --daemon
if [ $? -gt 0 ]; then
stat_fail
else
# pgrep -of "/usr/bin/rsync --daemon" > /var/run/rsyncd.pid
add_daemon rsyncd
stat_done
fi
;;

Should I report this as a bug, I have searched bugs.archlinux.org for
rsync with no results, and also in the forums.

cheers

Chris

Old 03-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 6:41 AM, Chris Allison
<chris.charles.allison@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> rsync when run as a daemon from /etc/rc.d/rsyncd writes it's own pid
> file to /var/run/rsyncd.pid
> this conflicts with the start-stop script which also writes the pid
> file. *I couldn't get rsync to start as a daemon after upgrading
> yesterday, without commenting out the line in the start-stop script:
> case "$1" in
> *start)
> * *stat_busy "Starting rsyncd"
> * *[ ! -f /var/run/daemons/rsyncd ] && /usr/bin/rsync --daemon
> * *if [ $? -gt 0 ]; then
> * * *stat_fail
> * *else
> * * *# pgrep -of "/usr/bin/rsync --daemon" > /var/run/rsyncd.pid
> * * *add_daemon rsyncd
> * * *stat_done
> * *fi
> * *;;
>
> Should I report this as a bug, I have searched bugs.archlinux.org for
> rsync with no results, and also in the forums.
>
> cheers
>
> Chris

yes, open a bug report.