Old 03-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Allan McRae

Default Howto handle poppler conflict with poppler-qt3

On 10/03/10 08:58, David C. Rankin wrote:

Guys,

Latest updates to poppler require the removal of poppler-qt3 which fails due to
kdemod3-kdegraphics-pdf (kpdf) dependencies. How do we handle this? Do we just
remove poppler-qt3? Won't that break kpdf? Thought I would check before I
started breaking things on my own

The actual error is:

:: poppler conflicts with poppler-qt3. Remove poppler-qt3? [Y/n]
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: kdemod3-kdegraphics-kpdf: requires poppler-qt3>=0.6

The correct way to handle it is to ask kdemod to either provide a
poppler-qt3 package or fix their deps on the kdemod3-kdegraphics-kpdf
package.

Allan

Old 03-09-2010, 10:03 PM
David Rosenstrauch

Latest updates to poppler require the removal of poppler-qt3 which fails due to
kdemod3-kdegraphics-pdf (kpdf) dependencies. How do we handle this? Do we just
remove poppler-qt3? Won't that break kpdf? Thought I would check before I
started breaking things on my own

The actual error is:

:: poppler conflicts with poppler-qt3. Remove poppler-qt3? [Y/n]
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: kdemod3-kdegraphics-kpdf: requires poppler-qt3>=0.6

I just dealt with it by removing poppler-qt3 and kdemod3-kdegraphics-pdf.

poppler-qt3 doesn't even seem to exist in any of the repos anymore. And
KDE3 is pretty much a dead project at this point anyway. (I don't even
think it's possible to build it on Arch anymore.) Probably best if you
don't rely on it for anything.

HTH,

DR

Old 03-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Ty John (sand_man)

On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 16:58:18 -0600
"David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Latest updates to poppler require the removal of poppler-qt3
> which fails due to kdemod3-kdegraphics-pdf (kpdf) dependencies. How
> do we handle this? Do we just remove poppler-qt3? Won't that break
> kpdf? Thought I would check before I started breaking things on my
> own
>
> The actual error is:
>
> :: poppler conflicts with poppler-qt3. Remove poppler-qt3? [Y/n]
> error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
> :: kdemod3-kdegraphics-kpdf: requires poppler-qt3>=0.6

I may be wrong but I think you will need to wait for kdemod to release
an updated version of poppler-qt3.
I had the same thing with cairo/cairo-lcd. I just updated cairo-lcd and
pacman no longer wanted to replace it with the newer version of cairo.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Isaac Dupree