Old 03-09-2010, 01:36 AM
"David C. Rankin"

Default pacman search help needed: howto find package that provides html2ps?

On 03/08/2010 06:15 PM, Daenyth Blank wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 19:13, David C. Rankin
> <drankinatty@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
>> Guys,
>>
>> I have made friends with pacman in most areas, but one are I still don't know
>> is " How to I find the uninstalled package that will provide xxx?"
>>
>> pacman -Ss must just search package names and not the contents. I need to find
>> html2ps for hylafax. Can pacman do this, or do I search abs/aur for this type of
>> request?
>>
> pkgfile from pkgtools does this.

Thank you Daenyth!

I'll check it out. Before I got your message, I was able to find it in AUR with
a search. If pkgfile is a cli tool, it's just what I'm looking for.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC

Old 03-09-2010, 01:40 AM
"Daniel J Griffiths (Ghost1227)"

On 03/08/10 at 08:36pm, David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 03/08/2010 06:15 PM, Daenyth Blank wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 19:13, David C. Rankin
> > <drankinatty@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> >> Guys,
> >>
> >> I have made friends with pacman in most areas, but one are I still don't know
> >> is " How to I find the uninstalled package that will provide xxx?"
> >>
> >> pacman -Ss must just search package names and not the contents. I need to find
> >> html2ps for hylafax. Can pacman do this, or do I search abs/aur for this type of
> >> request?
> >>
> > pkgfile from pkgtools does this.
> >

> Thank you Daenyth!
>
> I'll check it out. Before I got your message, I was able to find it in AUR with
> a search. If pkgfile is a cli tool, it's just what I'm looking for.
>
> --
> David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
> Rankin Law Firm, PLLC
> 510 Ochiltree Street
> Nacogdoches, Texas 75961
> Telephone: (936) 715-9333
> Facsimile: (936) 715-9339
> www.rankinlawfirm.com
It is a cli tool, and it's wonderfully helpful. :P