Old 11-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Didi

Default Dependencies view between arch packages

Hey

Would you be prepared to share the code. I would love to generate
something like this for work.

Otherwise wicked thx a lot.

Cheers Dietger

----
www.ribalba.de
Email / Jabber: ribalba@gmail.com
Phone (Work) : +41 22 7679376
Skype : ribalba

Old 11-22-2007, 11:45 PM
"Cesar G. Miguel"

I ported part of my previous code as a function in Scott's python script.

The visualization of the dependencies requires pydot [1] and the red
links indicates circular packages. The code will be temporally
available at [2].

@Scott: please fell free to merge the differences and distribute.
There are probably some minor bugs yet.

@Hugo: thanks for bringing this issue to the list.

[]'s
Cesar

[1] http://code.google.com/p/pydot/
[2] http://www.ime.usp.br/~cesargm/visualize_deps.py

Old 11-23-2007, 05:56 PM
"Scott Horowitz"

On Nov 22, 2007 5:45 PM, Cesar G. Miguel <cesargm@ime.usp.br> wrote:
> @Scott: please fell free to merge the differences and distribute.
> There are probably some minor bugs yet.

Thanks Cesar, I'm working on integrating it (you had added it into an
older version of the script ). I'll probably use a passed argument
to generate the dependency tree image so people don't need pydot to
run the rest of the script.

Also, how long does it take to generate the image? I waited >15
minutes and then gave up. Did I screw up my integration of the code or
does it simply take a long time?

I'll hopefully post an updated version in the next couple of days,
just have a few other things to improve.

Scott