-   -   firefox won't start (again) (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/3197-firefox-wont-start-again.html)

"Jeffrey Lynn Parke Jr." 11-22-2007 07:42 PM

firefox won't start (again)

i don't what is wrong with my system but now and again firefox will refuse to open. I can't give you guys and terminal output because the terminal will just there and do nothing when i do "firefox" in the terminal. what is wrong here??

I tried removing firefox, but pacman complained that the database is locked (but it isn't!! there is not /tmp/pacman.lck file) grrrr i wish my system would just work.

Didi 11-22-2007 10:28 PM

firefox won't start (again)

Can you give more details. Maybe a starce? What libraries have you got
installed (Flash?)
Have you updated your system (-Sy -Qu ...)

Is FireFox still running or does it return to command prompt?

I am sure if you give more details someone can help.

On Nov 22, 2007 9:42 PM, Jeffrey Lynn Parke Jr. <jeffrey.parke@gmail.com> wrote:
> i don't what is wrong with my system but now and again firefox will refuse
> to open. I can't give you guys and terminal output because the terminal will
> just there and do nothing when i do "firefox" in the terminal. what is wrong
> here??
>
> I tried removing firefox, but pacman complained that the database is locked
> (but it isn't!! there is not /tmp/pacman.lck file) grrrr i wish my system
> would just work.

Cheers Dietger

----
www.ribalba.de
Email / Jabber: ribalba@gmail.com
Phone (Work) : +41 22 7679376
Skype : ribalba

"Vinay Shastry" 11-23-2007 06:55 AM

firefox won't start (again)

On Nov 23, 2007 2:12 AM, Jeffrey Lynn Parke Jr. <jeffrey.parke@gmail.com> wrote:
> i don't what is wrong with my system but now and again firefox will refuse
> to open. I can't give you guys and terminal output because the terminal will
> just there and do nothing when i do "firefox" in the terminal. what is wrong
> here??

have you tried to start it in safe mode?
firefox -safe-mode

--
Vinay S Shastry
http://vinayshastry.blogspot.com/

Jeffrey Parke 11-23-2007 04:12 PM

firefox won't start (again)

nevermind me i've removed firefox from my computer until such time as i
can reinstall with gnome.