Old 11-22-2007, 10:55 AM
"Hugo Doria"

Default [arch] Dependencies view between arch packages

Hi,

Cesar G. Miguel made a image (using python and pydot) showing the dependencies in the core repository. The result is here:

http://www.ime.usp.br/~cesargm/dependencies.svg

In the graph a arrow means "package A depends on B" (A-> B). For example, the wget depends of openssl and glibc.

Theres a strange thing: the graph shows that there is a circular dependency between glibc and tzdata. Can someone take a look at it?

--
[]'s
Hugo Doria

Old 11-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Xavier

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 08:55:54AM -0300, Hugo Doria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Cesar G. Miguel made a image (using python and pydot) showing the
> dependencies in the core repository. The result is here:
>
> http://www.ime.usp.br/~cesargm/dependencies.svg
>
> In the graph a arrow means "package A depends on B" (A-> B). For example,
> the wget depends of openssl and glibc.
>
> Theres a strange thing: the graph shows that there is a circular dependency
> between glibc and tzdata. Can someone take a look at it?

There are other cycles.
Maybe that's the reason why readline depends on curse and lib in this graph,
instead of ncurses and glibc?

http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch/2007-November/016174.html

I don't know if a bug should be reported for each of these.