Old 11-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Baptiste Daroussin

Default [arch] a script to extract rpm and deb packages content

Hi,

pacman uses libarchive 2.2.x which brings bsdtar which support tar
cpio zip ar and others

I know in git makepkg has been modified to use bsdtar where it can be
use removing dependencies to gnu tar, or unzip.

as bsdtar can handle the cpio formats, I send a patch that simplify
the old rpmextract using bsdtar script
(http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7491), nothing done at the time, so I
wrote a new script called pkgextract, which can extract rpm and debian
packages using bsdtar (I reuse the code from rpmextract.sh) as there
was no license on rpmextract, I applied the BSD one on pkgextract,
this can be change.

I think it would be great to replace rpmextract by pkgextract. It also
obsoletes the use of deb2targz in some PKGBUILD.

here is pkgextract :
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?do_Details=1&ID=13872

I don't know if it is the good ml for this mail, if not, sorry the noise.

regards
Bapt