Old 11-21-2007, 07:39 AM
Fabian Schuh

Default [arch] [Gnucash] howto downgrade slib to get gnucash running

Hi ML,

I have problems installing GNUCASH from ARCH. I appears to be a
problem with slib (as it cannot be found during ./configure)

Is there an other way to successfully install gnucash?
AUR comments tell me to downgrade slib.

Where can I get an earlier version of slib?

Sincerely
-- Fabian Schuh

Old 11-21-2007, 07:49 AM
Peter Feuerer

Hi Fabian,

there is a page about downgrading packages in the wiki:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Downgrade_packages

--peter

Old 11-21-2007, 10:06 AM
Fabian Schuh

Hi Piie,

the problem is, I cant find the package of an earlier version of slib

--
-- Fabian Schuh

--------------------------------
Key fingerprint: DA03 EB3C 2A49 AD7D 6128 9168 F253 8A4B 282D 6238

Old 11-21-2007, 10:20 AM
"Joćo Felipe Santos"

Hey there.

Maybe you can get the ABS PKGBUILD for slib, change $pkgver and try makepkg...

jfsantos

Old 11-21-2007, 10:21 AM
"Emmanuel Benisty"

> the problem is, I cant find the package of an earlier version of slib

You also can rebuild the previous version with ABS. Just change the
version in the PKGBUILD.

HTH

Old 11-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Peter Feuerer

The ABS tree is hold on a cvs server, so try to checkout the abs tree of
the time when the previous slib package was available.

the supfile for cvsup should look somehow like this:

*default host=cvs.archlinux.org
*default release=cvs
*default delete
*default use-rel-suffix