Old 11-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Tom K

Default shadow 4.0.18.2-2

Fix for md5sum problem caused by $Id: line in login.defs.

As before, I would be grateful if someone could do a x86_64 build.

T.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:08 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Nov 30, 2007 5:49 PM, Tom K <tom@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Fix for md5sum problem caused by $Id: line in login.defs.
>
> As before, I would be grateful if someone could do a x86_64 build.

Done! I saw the commit message and built
zoom zoom

Old 12-01-2007, 07:06 AM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Nov 30, 2007 6:08 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2007 5:49 PM, Tom K <tom@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > Fix for md5sum problem caused by $Id: line in login.defs.
> >
> > As before, I would be grateful if someone could do a x86_64 build.
>
> Done! I saw the commit message and built
> zoom zoom

To help me out here - didn't you close out like 4 or 5 bugs? Mind
listing them for me?

Old 12-01-2007, 08:06 AM
Tom K

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2007 6:08 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Nov 30, 2007 5:49 PM, Tom K <tom@archlinux.org> wrote:
>>> Fix for md5sum problem caused by $Id: line in login.defs.
>>>
>>> As before, I would be grateful if someone could do a x86_64 build.
>> Done! I saw the commit message and built
>> zoom zoom
>
> To help me out here - didn't you close out like 4 or 5 bugs? Mind
> listing them for me?

Heh.. I already did for 4.0.18.2-1, but then that stupid $Id: thing
screwed me up. Here they are again:

FS#8050 - The "shadow" package: adduser changes home directory
permissions set by useradd
FS#8051 - The "shadow" package: please set 700 permissions instead of 755
FS#8724 - Shadow is now maintained by Debian
FS#8742 - security flaw on console login - any username is denied
directly without asking for password

the last being the reason for this particular party.

T.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:16 AM
"Dan McGee"

On Dec 1, 2007 3:06 AM, Tom K <tom@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Aaron Griffin wrote:

> >> Done! I saw the commit message and built
> >> zoom zoom
> >
> > To help me out here - didn't you close out like 4 or 5 bugs? Mind
> > listing them for me?
>
> Heh.. I already did for 4.0.18.2-1, but then that stupid $Id: thing
> screwed me up. Here they are again:
>
> FS#8050 - The "shadow" package: adduser changes home directory
> permissions set by useradd
> FS#8051 - The "shadow" package: please set 700 permissions instead of 755
> FS#8724 - Shadow is now maintained by Debian
> FS#8742 - security flaw on console login - any username is denied
> directly without asking for password
>
> the last being the reason for this particular party.

signoff, i686

-Dan

Old 12-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Samstag, 1. Dezember 2007 schrieb Tom K:
> Fix for md5sum problem caused by $Id: line in login.defs.
>
> As before, I would be grateful if someone could do a x86_64 build.
>
> T.

signoff for x86_64

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 12-13-2007, 02:56 AM
Alexander Baldeck

Tom K wrote:
> Fix for md5sum problem caused by $Id: line in login.defs.
>
> As before, I would be grateful if someone could do a x86_64 build.
>
> T.

No go for me. Core now has shadow 4.0.18.2-2 in .db but no pkg file is
available at least on x86_64. Please fix!

Cheers,

Alex