Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   ArchLinux Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/)
-   -   Fwd: Your message to aur-general awaits moderator approval (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/9336-fwd-your-message-aur-general-awaits-moderator-approval.html)

"Roman Kyrylych" 11-30-2007 04:34 PM

Fwd: Your message to aur-general awaits moderator approval
 
2007/11/30, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com>:
> On Nov 30, 2007 5:12 AM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey, WTF?
> > I was able to send a messagee to aur-general yesterday, but have just
> > got this a minute ago:
>
> This actually happened to 5 of you guys. I approved them all (as you
> can see) but I have no idea what this means:
> > The reason it is being held:
> >
> > Message has implicit destination
>
> I almost want to guess that somehow having two addresses in the to
> field screwed up mailman's checking, but that can't be right
>
> Perhaps it is something I missed when doing the list rename - mailman
> pros, I need your power!
>

Maybe that's because when I replied I added tur-users ML to a Cc
instead of aur-general?

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)
_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public

"Roman Kyrylych" 11-30-2007 04:36 PM

Fwd: Your message to aur-general awaits moderator approval
 
2007/11/30, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com>:
> 2007/11/30, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com>:
> > On Nov 30, 2007 5:12 AM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hey, WTF?
> > > I was able to send a messagee to aur-general yesterday, but have just
> > > got this a minute ago:
> >
> > This actually happened to 5 of you guys. I approved them all (as you
> > can see) but I have no idea what this means:
> > > The reason it is being held:
> > >
> > > Message has implicit destination
> >
> > I almost want to guess that somehow having two addresses in the to
> > field screwed up mailman's checking, but that can't be right
> >
> > Perhaps it is something I missed when doing the list rename - mailman
> > pros, I need your power!
> >
>
> Maybe that's because when I replied I added tur-users ML to a Cc
> instead of aur-general?

Hmm... no... because I've just got another one :-(

From: aur-general-bounces@archlinux.org <aur-general-bounces@archlinux.org>
Date: 30 Лис 2007 19:31
Subject: Your message to aur-general awaits moderator approval
To: roman.kyrylych@gmail.com


Your mail to 'aur-general' with the subject

Re: [tur-users] Applying to become a TU

Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.

The reason it is being held:

Message has implicit destination

Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
notification of the moderator's decision. If you would like to cancel
this posting, please visit the following URL:

http://archlinux.org/mailman/confirm/aur-general/187ce19fa72612b0c8c31fbc9bc5f57387a782c6



--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)
_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public

Paul Mattal 11-30-2007 04:38 PM

Fwd: Your message to aur-general awaits moderator approval
 
Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2007 5:12 AM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey, WTF?
>> I was able to send a messagee to aur-general yesterday, but have just
>> got this a minute ago:
>
> This actually happened to 5 of you guys. I approved them all (as you
> can see) but I have no idea what this means:
>> The reason it is being held:
>>
>> Message has implicit destination
>
> I almost want to guess that somehow having two addresses in the to
> field screwed up mailman's checking, but that can't be right
>
> Perhaps it is something I missed when doing the list rename - mailman
> pros, I need your power!

We get this error most commonly when the list is Bcc:d. Perhaps that
would be a clue. Could this have something to do with forwarding
from a list alias to the actual list without rewriting the list name
in the header?

- P

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public

"Aaron Griffin" 11-30-2007 04:42 PM

Fwd: Your message to aur-general awaits moderator approval
 
On Nov 30, 2007 11:38 AM, Paul Mattal <paul@mattal.com> wrote:
> We get this error most commonly when the list is Bcc:d. Perhaps that
> would be a clue. Could this have something to do with forwarding
> from a list alias to the actual list without rewriting the list name
> in the header?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I got a mail from roman that was
to:aur-general and cc:tur-users that missed my gmail filters, so it
made me think.

So I'd guess the simple alias is not a good thing. I'd need an exim
pro to actually do some sort of rewriting instead of the alias then -
any takers?

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public

Paul Mattal 11-30-2007 04:45 PM

Fwd: Your message to aur-general awaits moderator approval
 
Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2007 11:38 AM, Paul Mattal <paul@mattal.com> wrote:
>> We get this error most commonly when the list is Bcc:d. Perhaps that
>> would be a clue. Could this have something to do with forwarding
>> from a list alias to the actual list without rewriting the list name
>> in the header?
>
> Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I got a mail from roman that was
> to:aur-general and cc:tur-users that missed my gmail filters, so it
> made me think.
>
> So I'd guess the simple alias is not a good thing. I'd need an exim
> pro to actually do some sort of rewriting instead of the alias then -
> any takers?

You could instead let them bounce and people will resend to the
right address. This will further encourage people to make the mental
switch. All new messages from the list come from the new address, right?

- P

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public

"Aaron Griffin" 11-30-2007 04:49 PM

Fwd: Your message to aur-general awaits moderator approval
 
On Nov 30, 2007 11:45 AM, Paul Mattal <paul@mattal.com> wrote:
> You could instead let them bounce and people will resend to the
> right address. This will further encourage people to make the mental
> switch. All new messages from the list come from the new address, right?

Yeah, I just wanted to make it easier - but apparently I did the opposite 8)

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public

"Aaron Griffin" 11-30-2007 04:55 PM

Fwd: Your message to aur-general awaits moderator approval
 
On Nov 30, 2007 11:49 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2007 11:45 AM, Paul Mattal <paul@mattal.com> wrote:
> > You could instead let them bounce and people will resend to the
> > right address. This will further encourage people to make the mental
> > switch. All new messages from the list come from the new address, right?
>
> Yeah, I just wanted to make it easier - but apparently I did the opposite 8)
>

https://archlinux.org/news/368/

I commented out the aliases, next exim restart will make everything bounce

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:41 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.