Old 11-30-2007, 07:36 AM
"Varun Acharya"

Default Why do we still have compatibility rename for community?

Hi Devs/TU's,

Why do we still have the renaming of packages in community so that packages are uploaded without the '-arch' in the filename? Official repo's were converted a while back, any reason were not editing communitypkg to do the same?

Varun

Old 11-30-2007, 07:36 AM
"Varun Acharya"

Old 11-30-2007, 10:09 AM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2007/11/30, Varun Acharya <ganja.guru.x64@gmail.com>:

> Hi Devs/TU's,
>
> Why do we still have the renaming of packages in community so that packages
> are uploaded without the '-arch' in the filename? Official repo's were
> converted a while back, any reason were not editing communitypkg to do the
> same?

I don't know if AUR backend is able to handle packages with -arch suffix.
I asked Paul about this quite some time ago, but didn't recieve a reply AFAIR.
Simo, can you take a look at this?

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 11-30-2007, 01:18 PM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2007/11/30, Paul Mattal <paul@mattal.com>:
> Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> > 2007/11/30, Varun Acharya <ganja.guru.x64@gmail.com>:
> >>
> >> Hi Devs/TU's,
> >>
> >> Why do we still have the renaming of packages in community so that packages
> >> are uploaded without the '-arch' in the filename? Official repo's were
> >> converted a while back, any reason were not editing communitypkg to do the
> >> same?
> >
> > I don't know if AUR backend is able to handle packages with -arch suffix.
> > I asked Paul about this quite some time ago, but didn't recieve a reply AFAIR.
> > Simo, can you take a look at this?
> >

> Sorry, thought I replied to this.

np.

> It doesn't handle the -arch suffix.

oh, bad, that should be fixed....

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 11-30-2007, 01:25 PM
"Dan McGee"

On Nov 30, 2007 8:11 AM, Paul Mattal <paul@mattal.com> wrote:
> Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> > 2007/11/30, Varun Acharya <ganja.guru.x64@gmail.com>:
> >>
> >> Hi Devs/TU's,
> >>
> >> Why do we still have the renaming of packages in community so that packages
> >> are uploaded without the '-arch' in the filename? Official repo's were
> >> converted a while back, any reason were not editing communitypkg to do the
> >> same?
> >
> > I don't know if AUR backend is able to handle packages with -arch suffix.
> > I asked Paul about this quite some time ago, but didn't recieve a reply AFAIR.
> > Simo, can you take a look at this?
> >

> Sorry, thought I replied to this.
>
> It doesn't handle the -arch suffix.

I would encourage the one who fixes this issue to make things
completely filename agnostic if possible. Note the %FILENAME% field in
the pacman sync DB entries now. In addition, the .PKGINFO file in the
package is quite easy to parse.

-Dan