Old 11-29-2007, 08:19 PM
"Jeff Mickey"

Default license for sqlite3

On Nov 29, 2007 4:13 PM, Travis Willard <travis@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2007 3:51 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...] license=('none') is probably the way to go, and the "none" license should be recognized as syntactically correct.

I agree, there are a lot of random pieces of software and documents
that aren't released with any license.

Just a quick reminder though, strictly according to U.S. copyright
law, anything that hasn't released itself under another license is a
copyrighted work, not public domain.

// jeff

--
. : [ + carpe diem totus tuus + ] : .

Old 12-03-2007, 03:01 AM
Jason Chu

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 04:19:24PM -0500, Jeff Mickey wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2007 4:13 PM, Travis Willard <travis@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > On Nov 29, 2007 3:51 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
> > [...] license=('none') is probably the way to go, and the "none" license should be recognized as syntactically correct.
>
> I agree, there are a lot of random pieces of software and documents
> that aren't released with any license.
>
> Just a quick reminder though, strictly according to U.S. copyright
> law, anything that hasn't released itself under another license is a
> copyrighted work, not public domain.

I was going to point that out. You can't assume that a random piece of
software or document that is released without a license is public domain.
Most countries have mandatory copyright (I don't know the proper term for
it).

Jason