Old 11-29-2007, 05:44 PM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

Default Nodoka: Focus Ring

Hi,

Murrine is modern GTK engine, which was basis for Nodoka.
Nodoka is also a modern GTK engine.

Clearlooks is other GTK engine, also modern (it's kinda stupid, all are
modern :> ?).

Clearlooks in SVN changed focus ring from dotted outline to rounded and
semi-transparent filled rectangle and slight shadow on buttons
(OSX-like) [1].

Windows Vista has other focus ring - pulsating background/shadow (don't
remember) [2, Configure button].

I have very simple proposal, to change the current focus ring [3].

1| http://img.wklej.org/images/12466focus-clearlooks.png
2| http://www.tech2.com/media/images/img_3831_networking.jpg
3| http://img.wklej.org/images/99108focus-nodoka.png

--
___ _
| _|___ _| |___ ___ ___
| _| -_| . | . | _| . |
|_| |___|___|___|_| |___|_

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
Fedora Project
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/

Old 12-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Martin Sourada

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 19:44 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Murrine is modern GTK engine, which was basis for Nodoka.
> Nodoka is also a modern GTK engine.
>
> Clearlooks is other GTK engine, also modern (it's kinda stupid, all are
> modern :> ?).
>
> Clearlooks in SVN changed focus ring from dotted outline to rounded and
> semi-transparent filled rectangle and slight shadow on buttons
> (OSX-like) [1].
>
> Windows Vista has other focus ring - pulsating background/shadow (don't
> remember) [2, Configure button].
>
> I have very simple proposal, to change the current focus ring [3].
>

> 1| http://img.wklej.org/images/12466focus-clearlooks.png
> 2| http://www.tech2.com/media/images/img_3831_networking.jpg
> 3| http://img.wklej.org/images/99108focus-nodoka.png

Yep, complete rework of focus rings is on the schedule. For the buttons
I'll probably make it similar to Clearlooks, as with other components I
am not sure yet. It needs to be modern looking, easy to perceive and we
need to get rid of the ugly looking dash-lined rectangles... Sketches,
suggestions, patches welcome.

Thanks,
Martin

Old 12-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Mark

> > 1| http://img.wklej.org/images/12466focus-clearlooks.png

> Yep, complete rework of focus rings is on the schedule. For the buttons
> I'll probably make it similar to Clearlooks, as with other components I
> am not sure yet. It needs to be modern looking, easy to perceive and we
> need to get rid of the ugly looking dash-lined rectangles... Sketches,
> suggestions, patches welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> Martin

Do you need sketches? i would go for the clearlooks. Nodoka with the
clearlooks button style.. seems a perfect fit to me.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Mark

Old 12-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Mark