Old 12-01-2007, 03:34 PM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

Default Nodoka: Focus Ring

You mean button's focus style or button's style?

Dnia 01-12-2007, sob o godzinie 17:11 +0100, Mark pisze:
> > > 1| http://img.wklej.org/images/12466focus-clearlooks.png
>
> > Yep, complete rework of focus rings is on the schedule. For the buttons
> > I'll probably make it similar to Clearlooks, as with other components I
> > am not sure yet. It needs to be modern looking, easy to perceive and we
> > need to get rid of the ugly looking dash-lined rectangles... Sketches,
> > suggestions, patches welcome.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Martin
>
> Do you need sketches? i would go for the clearlooks. Nodoka with the
> clearlooks button style.. seems a perfect fit to me.

___ _
| _|___ _| |___ ___ ___
| _| -_| . | . | _| . |
|_| |___|___|___|_| |___|_

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
Fedora Project
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/

Old 12-01-2007, 03:34 PM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

You mean button's focus style or button's style?

Dnia 01-12-2007, sob o godzinie 17:11 +0100, Mark pisze:
> > > 1| http://img.wklej.org/images/12466focus-clearlooks.png
>
> > Yep, complete rework of focus rings is on the schedule. For the buttons
> > I'll probably make it similar to Clearlooks, as with other components I
> > am not sure yet. It needs to be modern looking, easy to perceive and we
> > need to get rid of the ugly looking dash-lined rectangles... Sketches,
> > suggestions, patches welcome.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Martin
>
> Do you need sketches? i would go for the clearlooks. Nodoka with the
> clearlooks button style.. seems a perfect fit to me.

___ _
| _|___ _| |___ ___ ___
| _| -_| . | . | _| . |
|_| |___|___|___|_| |___|_

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
Fedora Project
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/

Old 12-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Martin Sourada

I don't know, what he meant, but he replied so that I am not sure the
others caught what I meant - I mean focus ring style for other
components than button, that can have focus, as well.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:46 AM
Mark

i mean: use this focus ring:
http://img.wklej.org/images/12466focus-clearlooks.png
it looks good and fits nodoka.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Martin Sourada

On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 17:34 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> You mean button's focus style or button's style?

Not replying to this very message, but couldn't find a better one...

If you'd like to comment on the focus ring it would be nice to add your
ideas to the enhancement [1] I created some time ago (and nearly forgot
about it)...

Oh, and I noticed that Clearlooks does not replace the dashed rectangle,
only adds other way to display button focus rign... Bug or feature? };-)

Thanks,
Martin

Old 12-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Martin Sourada

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 23:32 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 17:34 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> > You mean button's focus style or button's style?
> >

> Not replying to this very message, but couldn't find a better one...
>
> If you'd like to comment on the focus ring it would be nice to add your
> ideas to the enhancement [1] I created some time ago (and nearly forgot
> about it)...
>
> Oh, and I noticed that Clearlooks does not replace the dashed rectangle,
> only adds other way to display button focus rign... Bug or feature? };-)
>
> Thanks,
> Martin

oups... clicked send too quickly here's the missing reference:

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/nodoka/ticket/9

Old 12-13-2007, 05:10 AM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

It's bug... I didn't see dotted border anywhere. Where did you see?
If in Firefox, don't worry - it emulates GTK.

Dnia 12-12-2007, śro o godzinie 23:32 +0100, Martin Sourada pisze:
> On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 17:34 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> > You mean button's focus style or button's style?
> >

> Not replying to this very message, but couldn't find a better one...
>
> If you'd like to comment on the focus ring it would be nice to add your
> ideas to the enhancement [1] I created some time ago (and nearly forgot
> about it)...
>
> Oh, and I noticed that Clearlooks does not replace the dashed rectangle,
> only adds other way to display button focus rign... Bug or feature? };-)
>
> Thanks,
> Martin

__ _ ___
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek / _|___ __| |___ _ _ __ _ ( _ )
Fedora Project | _/ -_) _` / _ '_/ _` | / _
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/ |_| \___\__,_\___/_| \__,_| \___/

Old 12-13-2007, 07:15 AM
Martin Sourada

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 07:10 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> It's bug... I didn't see dotted border anywhere. Where did you see?
> If in Firefox, don't worry - it emulates GTK.

I don't use firefox... and when I was working on getting the nodoka
engine finished it caused me some pain. The GTK stuff in firefox is
really done very strange. Strange enough I now don't see any other ways
of showing focus ring in clearlooks other then the dotted rectangle... I
wonder what I did since yesterday...

Martin

Old 12-13-2007, 12:38 PM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

Hey, you're not using Clearlooks from SVN :> .

Dnia 13-12-2007, czw o godzinie 09:15 +0100, Martin Sourada pisze:
> On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 07:10 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> > It's bug... I didn't see dotted border anywhere. Where did you see?
> > If in Firefox, don't worry - it emulates GTK.
> >
> I don't use firefox... and when I was working on getting the nodoka
> engine finished it caused me some pain. The GTK stuff in firefox is
> really done very strange. Strange enough I now don't see any other ways
> of showing focus ring in clearlooks other then the dotted rectangle... I
> wonder what I did since yesterday...
>
> Martin

__ _ ___
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek / _|___ __| |___ _ _ __ _ ( _ )
Fedora Project | _/ -_) _` / _ '_/ _` | / _
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/ |_| \___\__,_\___/_| \__,_| \___/

Old 12-13-2007, 12:40 PM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

Firefox really doesn't use GTK natively. It emulates it.
Firefox 3 uses GTK in better way, but still some widgets are not native,
other won't be fixed (that's stupid behaviour).

Dnia 13-12-2007, czw o godzinie 09:15 +0100, Martin Sourada pisze:
> On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 07:10 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> > It's bug... I didn't see dotted border anywhere. Where did you see?
> > If in Firefox, don't worry - it emulates GTK.
> >
> I don't use firefox... and when I was working on getting the nodoka
> engine finished it caused me some pain. The GTK stuff in firefox is
> really done very strange. Strange enough I now don't see any other ways
> of showing focus ring in clearlooks other then the dotted rectangle... I
> wonder what I did since yesterday...
>
> Martin

__ _ ___
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek / _|___ __| |___ _ _ __ _ ( _ )
Fedora Project | _/ -_) _` / _ '_/ _` | / _