Old 11-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Tom K

Default Best practice for consecutive signoffs?

Dan has shadow 4.0.18.1-8 in testing, pending signoff. Meanwhile, I have
shadow 4.0.18.2-1 ready to upload - new upstream ver +
bugfixes/requests. Do I wait for 4.0.18.1-8 to go to core, or will I
replace Dan's package with mine in testing?

T.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:44 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Nov 29, 2007 12:30 PM, Tom K <tom@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Dan has shadow 4.0.18.1-8 in testing, pending signoff. Meanwhile, I have
> shadow 4.0.18.2-1 ready to upload - new upstream ver +
> bugfixes/requests. Do I wait for 4.0.18.1-8 to go to core, or will I
> replace Dan's package with mine in testing?

Good question... I'd say replace it. I just did that with openssh. I
mean, odds are this will generally be coordinated between developers
or a single developer doing it. This is a little different because Dan
probably didn't get emails for all the shadow bugs you were fixing 8)

Old 11-29-2007, 05:45 PM
"Dan McGee"

On Nov 29, 2007 12:30 PM, Tom K <tom@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Dan has shadow 4.0.18.1-8 in testing, pending signoff. Meanwhile, I have
> shadow 4.0.18.2-1 ready to upload - new upstream ver +
> bugfixes/requests. Do I wait for 4.0.18.1-8 to go to core, or will I
> replace Dan's package with mine in testing?
>
> T.

Feel free to replace it- just make sure you don't smash the changes I
made (namely the change to the install script and the shift of depend
to sh instead of bash, removal of coreutils, etc).

-Dan