FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-29-2007, 05:28 AM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default openssh 4.7p1-5

The following changes have been made:
FS#8729, Fix bad 'xauth' path that snuck in during the core rebuild
(Daniel, run 'which xauth' for me, please?)

FS#7996, Add /etc/conf.d/sshd for SSHD_ARGS params passed to sshd on startup

FS#8505, disable strip as a configure flag so makepkg can decide
whether or not to strip

FS#8373, add kerberos support
* Part a) Enable kerberos authentication (configure flag)
* Part b) Allow kerberos key exchange between servers (patch)

Part b is apparently disliked by Eliott and Paul, which is fine - but
is apparently part of the stock build in Debian, Solaris, and others.

Still, I must point out I *just* had to disable Part b as I wrote
this, because it doesn't compile on x86_64 - I'm sure there's patches
to fix that somewhere, but I can look into it later. Please approve
the other 4 parts.

Will be in testing for both arches in a few minutes (after patch
removal on i686)

Thanks,
Aaron

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Thomas Bächler
 
Default openssh 4.7p1-5

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
> The following changes have been made:
> FS#8729, Fix bad 'xauth' path that snuck in during the core rebuild
> (Daniel, run 'which xauth' for me, please?)

Still broken in -5, would you please run 'which xauth' for me too?

Also, make sure there are no /usr/X11R6 -> /usr symlinks!

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-29-2007, 04:37 PM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default openssh 4.7p1-5

On Nov 29, 2007 10:01 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Aaron Griffin schrieb:
> > The following changes have been made:
> > FS#8729, Fix bad 'xauth' path that snuck in during the core rebuild
> > (Daniel, run 'which xauth' for me, please?)
>
> Still broken in -5, would you please run 'which xauth' for me too?

AHA! (You didn't mention the architecture)

i686-machine$ strings $(which ssh) | grep xauth
/usr/bin/xauth

x86_64-machine$ strings $(which ssh) | grep xauth
1713:/usr/X11R6/bin/xauth

Looks like that's a default path when X isn't installed, I assumed the
default was /usr/bin/xauth

/me fixes
_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-29-2007, 05:10 PM
"Dan McGee"
 
Default openssh 4.7p1-5

On Nov 29, 2007 11:37 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2007 10:01 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > Aaron Griffin schrieb:
> > > The following changes have been made:
> > > FS#8729, Fix bad 'xauth' path that snuck in during the core rebuild
> > > (Daniel, run 'which xauth' for me, please?)
> >
> > Still broken in -5, would you please run 'which xauth' for me too?
>
> AHA! (You didn't mention the architecture)
>
> i686-machine$ strings $(which ssh) | grep xauth
> /usr/bin/xauth
>
> x86_64-machine$ strings $(which ssh) | grep xauth
> 1713:/usr/X11R6/bin/xauth
>
> Looks like that's a default path when X isn't installed, I assumed the
> default was /usr/bin/xauth

Has anyone grepped the core repo for anything dealing with X11R6? We
should be able to kill that from everywhere, no?

-Dan
_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:38 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org