-   -   Additional devtools scripts (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/7550-additional-devtools-scripts.html)

"Aaron Griffin" 11-28-2007 06:32 PM

Additional devtools scripts

Hey guys,
I'm currently in the process of cleaning sanitizing our db scripts
into a git repo, so I can modernize these goofy things. But I noticed
a few unrelated scripts in cvs-arch that are useful - namely things
like lddd and finddeps.

Would anyone be against including these in devtools... as they are,
well, dev tools?

"Travis Willard" 11-28-2007 06:41 PM

Additional devtools scripts

I'm currently in the process of cleaning sanitizing our db scripts
into a git repo, so I can modernize these goofy things. But I noticed
a few unrelated scripts in cvs-arch that are useful - namely things

like lddd and finddeps.

Would anyone be against including these in devtools... as they are,
well, dev tools?

Go for it - sounds good to me.

Jason Chu 11-28-2007 06:44 PM

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 01:32:24PM -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I'm currently in the process of cleaning sanitizing our db scripts
> into a git repo, so I can modernize these goofy things. But I noticed
> a few unrelated scripts in cvs-arch that are useful - namely things
> like lddd and finddeps.
>
> Would anyone be against including these in devtools... as they are,
> well, dev tools?

Sounds fine. Devtools was meant to be a ragtag set of scripts that help
developers. For some reason I'd originally figured I'd be developing most
of them but that's just silly.

Put them in there so that they're in a central place, everyone has access
to them, and everyone can improve them!

Jason

"Aaron Griffin" 11-28-2007 06:51 PM

On Nov 28, 2007 1:44 PM, Jason Chu <jason@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Sounds fine. Devtools was meant to be a ragtag set of scripts that help
> developers.

I assumed as much as well. It seems annoying to have scripts floating
all over the place.

I ear-marked this for tonight.