-   -   rpcbind's systemd support (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/712418-rpcbinds-systemd-support.html)

Thomas Bächler 10-15-2012 12:10 PM

rpcbind's systemd support

I recently rebuilt nfs-utils with some changes to its units to fix some
failures when mounting NFS shares on boot. In particular, I added
'Before=remote-fs-pre.target' to rpc-statd.service, rpc-idmapd.service
and rpc-gssd.service.

However, you can use nfs4 without running rpc-idmapd (if you don't need
ID mapping). This means rpcbind is not ordered on the nfs mounts and may
be started too late.

I have the following questions:
1) Is using nfs4 without idmapd even a viable scenario?
1a) Should we add Before=remote-fs-pre.target to rpcbind?
2) What's the status of socket activated rpcbind? (Tom?)