Old 10-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Thomas Bächler

Default Add to base group?

With systemd being the default, we have no simple network management
besides dhcp by default. Should we add netcfg to the base group so it is
installed by default?

Old 10-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Sébastien Luttringer

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> With systemd being the default, we have no simple network management
> besides dhcp by default. Should we add netcfg to the base group so it is
> installed by default?

We already have dhcpd in base group. We can enable it to configure dhcp.

E.g: systemctl enable dhcpcd@eth0.service

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer
https://www.seblu.net

Old 10-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Andreas Radke

Am Sat, 13 Oct 2012 11:34:58 +0200
schrieb Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org>:

> With systemd being the default, we have no simple network management
> besides dhcp by default. Should we add netcfg to the base group so it
> is installed by default?

Sure we can. I suggest to also ship a
default /etc/network.d/ethernet-static proto file for simple static IP
setups. Not sure to what pkg it could belong.

-Andy

Old 10-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Sébastien Luttringer

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Andreas Radke <andyrtr@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am Sat, 13 Oct 2012 11:34:58 +0200
> schrieb Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org>:
>
>> With systemd being the default, we have no simple network management
>> besides dhcp by default. Should we add netcfg to the base group so it
>> is installed by default?
>>

> Sure we can. I suggest to also ship a
> default /etc/network.d/ethernet-static proto file for simple static IP
> setups. Not sure to what pkg it could belong.

Ponies! I missed the point in my last response...

This is a living Arch project, so it make sens to me.

Cheers,

Old 10-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 13.10.2012 14:09, schrieb Andreas Radke:
> Am Sat, 13 Oct 2012 11:34:58 +0200
> schrieb Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org>:
>
>> With systemd being the default, we have no simple network management
>> besides dhcp by default. Should we add netcfg to the base group so it
>> is installed by default?
>>

> Sure we can. I suggest to also ship a
> default /etc/network.d/ethernet-static proto file for simple static IP
> setups. Not sure to what pkg it could belong.

We have /etc/network.d/examples/ethernet-static.