-   -   Add to base group? (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/711993-add-base-group.html)

Thomas Bächler 10-13-2012 09:34 AM

Add to base group?

With systemd being the default, we have no simple network management
besides dhcp by default. Should we add netcfg to the base group so it is
installed by default?

Sébastien Luttringer 10-13-2012 11:54 AM

Add to base group?

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> With systemd being the default, we have no simple network management
> besides dhcp by default. Should we add netcfg to the base group so it is
> installed by default?

We already have dhcpd in base group. We can enable it to configure dhcp.

E.g: systemctl enable dhcpcd@eth0.service

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer
https://www.seblu.net

Andreas Radke 10-13-2012 12:09 PM

Add to base group?

Am Sat, 13 Oct 2012 11:34:58 +0200
schrieb Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org>:

> With systemd being the default, we have no simple network management
> besides dhcp by default. Should we add netcfg to the base group so it
> is installed by default?

Sure we can. I suggest to also ship a
default /etc/network.d/ethernet-static proto file for simple static IP
setups. Not sure to what pkg it could belong.

-Andy

Sébastien Luttringer 10-13-2012 12:30 PM

Add to base group?

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Andreas Radke <andyrtr@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am Sat, 13 Oct 2012 11:34:58 +0200
> schrieb Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org>:
>
>> With systemd being the default, we have no simple network management
>> besides dhcp by default. Should we add netcfg to the base group so it
>> is installed by default?
>>

> Sure we can. I suggest to also ship a
> default /etc/network.d/ethernet-static proto file for simple static IP
> setups. Not sure to what pkg it could belong.

Ponies! I missed the point in my last response...

This is a living Arch project, so it make sens to me.

Cheers,

Thomas Bächler 10-13-2012 12:53 PM

Add to base group?

Am 13.10.2012 14:09, schrieb Andreas Radke:
> Am Sat, 13 Oct 2012 11:34:58 +0200
> schrieb Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org>:
>
>> With systemd being the default, we have no simple network management
>> besides dhcp by default. Should we add netcfg to the base group so it
>> is installed by default?
>>

> Sure we can. I suggest to also ship a
> default /etc/network.d/ethernet-static proto file for simple static IP
> setups. Not sure to what pkg it could belong.

We have /etc/network.d/examples/ethernet-static.