Old 10-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Default Install medium 2012.10.06 introduces systemd

The October release of the Arch Linux install medium is available for
[Download](https://www.archlinux.org/download/) and can be used for new
installs or as a rescue system. It contains a set of updated packages
and the following notable changes:

* systemd is used to boot up the live system.
* initscripts are no longer available on the live system but are still
installed by default on the target system.
* EFI boot and setup has been simplified.
* gummiboot is used to display a menu on EFI systems.
* The following new packages are available on the live system: ethtool,
fsarchiver, gummiboot-efi, mc, partclone, partimage, refind-efi, rfkill,
sudo, testdisk, wget, xl2tpd

Old 10-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Tom Gundersen

On Oct 7, 2012 3:58 PM, "Gaetan Bisson" <bisson@archlinux.org> wrote:

> [2012-10-07 15:39:21 +0200] Pierre Schmitz:
> > * initscripts are no longer available on the live system but are still
> > installed by default on the target system.
>
> I find this a little confusing; do you mean to say that initscripts is
> not *installed* on the live system

Correct.

> but available on it as a *package*?

There are no packages on the medium.

Tom

Old 10-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Tom Gundersen

On Oct 7, 2012 4:21 PM, "Gaetan Bisson" <bisson@archlinux.org> wrote:

> [2012-10-07 16:13:07 +0200] Tom Gundersen:
> > There are no packages on the medium.
>
> So there are no offline installs?

I think that's what was agreed when we started making isos again.

> I must have missed something.

I could not find this in any announcement, but it is in the installation
guide.

Tom