Old 10-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Jan de Groot

Default Status of GNOME 3.6 in gnome-unstable

At this moment it looks like GNOME 3.6 is pretty much finished in
gnome-unstable and should be ready for a move to testing soon. Things
that come to my mind before we can declare this finished:

- evolution-exchange has not been updated upstream and doesn't build
- same for evolution-groupwise
- we would like to have evolution-mapi packaged instead, but needs the
samba4 client libraries

Another thing about libwebkit/webkitgtk:
- webkitgtk3 in gnome-unstable is the GTK 3.x port of Webkitgtk,
version 1.10.x

- libwebkit in extra builds libwebkit and libwebkit3, version 1.8.x

I would like to rename libwebkit to webkitgtk2 and drop the GTK3 build
from that package. As long as webkitgtk2 1.10.x doesn't build, we should
stick to 1.8.x for the GTK2 version of this package. As the main
improvement of 1.10.x and higher is the addition of Webkit2 (which
requires GTK3 anyways), this is not a big issue.

Besides these issues, we should check for bumped sonames and rebuild
any package that depends on these sonames. So far gnome-desktop has been
covered, but other packages like evolution-data-server come to my mind.