-   -   remaining items in the systemd TODO (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/707634-remaining-items-systemd-todo.html)

Tom Gundersen 09-26-2012 07:59 PM

remaining items in the systemd TODO

Hi guys,

As our gnome 3.6 packages will be depending on systemd and are
scheduled to be released in the not too distant future, I thought it
might make sense to try and finish up as many service files as
possible before that time.

In our TODO list there are about 50 packages with rc scripts, but
without systemd service files. I'll be going over all the orphans in
[extra] tonight, but that still leaves quite a few.

Could those of you with outstanding items in the TODO list please have
a look and indicate if they are still intending to do it themselves,
or if they need some guidance, or if they prefer someone else to do
it?

Cheers,

Tom

Guillaume Alaux 09-27-2012 07:37 AM

On 26 September 2012 21:59, Tom Gundersen <teg@jklm.no> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> As our gnome 3.6 packages will be depending on systemd and are
> scheduled to be released in the not too distant future, I thought it
> might make sense to try and finish up as many service files as
> possible before that time.
>
> In our TODO list there are about 50 packages with rc scripts, but
> without systemd service files. I'll be going over all the orphans in
> [extra] tonight, but that still leaves quite a few.
>
> Could those of you with outstanding items in the TODO list please have
> a look and indicate if they are still intending to do it themselves,
> or if they need some guidance, or if they prefer someone else to do
> it?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom

Hi Tom, Hi all,

As for package tomcat: this version will not be supported by upstream
after September 30rd. So I intend to drop it in 3 days. No real need
to migrate it to systemd then.

--
Guillaume