-   -   repo FTBFS (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/704612-repo-ftbfs.html)

Allan McRae 09-17-2012 10:47 AM

repo FTBFS

Here is a list of the current packages in the [core] repo that fail to
build from source. I am not opening bug reports for these, but see if
you can fix issues in your packages.

Source failures:

FAIL: libpcap
libpcap-1.3.0.tar.gz.sig ... FAILED

FAIL: licenses
ruby-license.txt ... FAILED
w3c.html ... FAILED

FAIL: b43-fwcutter
The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

Build failures:

FAIL: diffutils
FAIL: gettext
FAIL: grub-efi-x86_64
FAIL: libpipeline
FAIL: m4
FAIL: man-db
FAIL: tar
glibc-2.16: error: 'gets' undeclared here (not in a function)

FAIL: iptables
fatal error: linux/netfilter_ipv4/ip_queue.h: No such file or directory

FAIL: mkinitcpio-busybox
shell/shell_common.c:375:2: error: unknown type name 'rlim_t'
shell/shell_common.c:377:13: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
shell/shell_common.c:379:14: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
shell/shell_common.c:381:13: error: 'RLIM_INFINITY' undeclared (first
use in this function)

FAIL: net-tools
fatal error: linux/if_tr.h: No such file or directory

FAIL: pam
pam_unix_acct.c:97:19: error: storage size of 'rlim' isn't known
pam_unix_acct.c:106:19: error: 'RLIMIT_NOFILE' undeclared (first use in
this function)

Testsuite failures:

FAIL: automake
testsuite failure die to race condition:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-automake/2012-08/msg00052.html

FAIL: libarchive
107: test_read_format_mtree FAIL

FAIL: openldap
testsuite failure... - dod not investigate...

Packaging failures:

FAIL: rp-pppoe
mv: cannot stat '/build/pkg/etc/ppp/plugins/rp-pppoe.so': No such file
or directory

Thomas Bächler 09-17-2012 11:11 AM

repo FTBFS

Am 17.09.2012 12:47, schrieb Allan McRae:
> Here is a list of the current packages in the [core] repo that fail to
> build from source. I am not opening bug reports for these, but see if
> you can fix issues in your packages.
>

> Source failures:
>
> FAIL: libpcap
> libpcap-1.3.0.tar.gz.sig ... FAILED

I'm confused. The .sig file has been replaced with a different one, but
the source archive is the same.

The signature is also still valid.

Allan McRae 09-17-2012 11:21 AM

repo FTBFS

On 17/09/12 21:11, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 17.09.2012 12:47, schrieb Allan McRae:
>> Here is a list of the current packages in the [core] repo that fail to
>> build from source. I am not opening bug reports for these, but see if
>> you can fix issues in your packages.
>>

>> Source failures:
>>
>> FAIL: libpcap
>> libpcap-1.3.0.tar.gz.sig ... FAILED
>
> I'm confused. The .sig file has been replaced with a different one, but
> the source archive is the same.
>
> The signature is also still valid.

Yeah... Perhaps the signature expired, or the signing key?

I am thinking it is stupid to checksum these and I should make "makepkg
-g" automatically give them the "SKIP" value in pacman-4.1.

Allan

Thomas Bächler 09-17-2012 11:34 AM

repo FTBFS

Am 17.09.2012 13:21, schrieb Allan McRae:
> On 17/09/12 21:11, Thomas Bächler wrote:
>> Am 17.09.2012 12:47, schrieb Allan McRae:
>>> Here is a list of the current packages in the [core] repo that fail to
>>> build from source. I am not opening bug reports for these, but see if
>>> you can fix issues in your packages.
>>>

>>> Source failures:
>>>
>>> FAIL: libpcap
>>> libpcap-1.3.0.tar.gz.sig ... FAILED
>>
>> I'm confused. The .sig file has been replaced with a different one, but
>> the source archive is the same.
>>
>> The signature is also still valid.
>>

> Yeah... Perhaps the signature expired, or the signing key?
>
> I am thinking it is stupid to checksum these and I should make "makepkg
> -g" automatically give them the "SKIP" value in pacman-4.1.

When 4.1 is out, I'll definitely add 'SKIP' in the checksums here.

Andreas Radke 09-17-2012 04:30 PM

repo FTBFS

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?37255

Eric Bélanger 09-17-2012 08:10 PM

repo FTBFS

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 6:47 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Here is a list of the current packages in the [core] repo that fail to
> build from source. I am not opening bug reports for these, but see if
> you can fix issues in your packages.
>

> Testsuite failures:
>
> FAIL: openldap
> testsuite failure... - dod not investigate...

I can't reproduce it here. A few test are skipped because of a problem
with the default configuration file (I suppose most users need to
modify it) but the packages are still being built.

> Packaging failures:
>
> FAIL: rp-pppoe
> mv: cannot stat '/build/pkg/etc/ppp/plugins/rp-pppoe.so': No such file
> or directory

Does anyone uses rp-pppoe? It's orphan and also needs to be updated
and and needs a systemd unit file (FS#31308). I could do these changes
but I can't test anything.

Thomas Bächler 09-17-2012 08:20 PM

repo FTBFS

Am 17.09.2012 22:10, schrieb Eric Bélanger:

>> Packaging failures:
>>
>> FAIL: rp-pppoe
>> mv: cannot stat '/build/pkg/etc/ppp/plugins/rp-pppoe.so': No such file
>> or directory
>>

> Does anyone uses rp-pppoe? It's orphan and also needs to be updated
> and and needs a systemd unit file (FS#31308). I could do these changes
> but I can't test anything.

I wonder why it's still in core. Unless you want to run a PPPoE server,
you can do everything with ppp - and netcfg provides easy pppoe
configuration now.

Allan McRae 09-20-2012 03:35 AM

repo FTBFS

On 18/09/12 06:10, Eric Bélanger wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 6:47 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Here is a list of the current packages in the [core] repo that fail to
>> build from source. I am not opening bug reports for these, but see if
>> you can fix issues in your packages.
>>

>> Testsuite failures:
>>
>> FAIL: openldap
>> testsuite failure... - dod not investigate...
>>

> I can't reproduce it here. A few test are skipped because of a problem
> with the default configuration file (I suppose most users need to
> modify it) but the packages are still being built.

I can consistently get the test-suite failure on the build server. But
I looked at the test suite output and it seems it could be quite fragile
- lots of waiting x amount of seconds for a service to reset etc. So I
am not concerned about that one.

Allan

Allan McRae 09-20-2012 03:36 AM

repo FTBFS

On 18/09/12 06:20, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 17.09.2012 22:10, schrieb Eric Bélanger:
>>>
>>> Packaging failures:
>>>
>>> FAIL: rp-pppoe
>>> mv: cannot stat '/build/pkg/etc/ppp/plugins/rp-pppoe.so': No such file
>>> or directory
>>>

>> Does anyone uses rp-pppoe? It's orphan and also needs to be updated
>> and and needs a systemd unit file (FS#31308). I could do these changes
>> but I can't test anything.
>>

> I wonder why it's still in core. Unless you want to run a PPPoE server,
> you can do everything with ppp - and netcfg provides easy pppoe
> configuration now.

I am fine with dumping this to [extra] / [community] / ...

Eric: go ahead and do the changes untested. Just put it in [testing]
for a few days first.

Allan

Allan McRae 09-21-2012 06:54 AM

repo FTBFS

On 17/09/12 20:47, Allan McRae wrote:
> Here is a list of the current packages in the [core] repo that fail to
> build from source. I am not opening bug reports for these, but see if
> you can fix issues in your packages.

The majority of these are now fixed - at least on truck. Remaining
issues are:

> FAIL: licenses
> ruby-license.txt ... FAILED
> w3c.html ... FAILED

The ruby has been updated - I assume we would want to just pull the new
one? The w3c license does not look like it has changed, but the source
now pull an html version.

> FAIL: b43-fwcutter
> The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

The website for this is gone completely...

> FAIL: mkinitcpio-busybox
> shell/shell_common.c:375:2: error: unknown type name 'rlim_t'
> shell/shell_common.c:377:13: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> shell/shell_common.c:379:14: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> shell/shell_common.c:381:13: error: 'RLIM_INFINITY' undeclared (first
> use in this function)

> FAIL: pam
> pam_unix_acct.c:97:19: error: storage size of 'rlim' isn't known
> pam_unix_acct.c:106:19: error: 'RLIMIT_NOFILE' undeclared (first use in
> this function)

There is an update available for pam. I guess this will be fixed with that.

Allan