Old 09-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Default devtools will require running systemd

Am 15.09.2012 19:37, schrieb Lukas Jirkovsky:
> If there's anything I can do (such as fixing bugs specific to chroot)
> to put back the move to systemd I'll try to do it.

It's not too complex to add support for both; I just would have saved
the investment if nobody would have needed it anyway.

Greetings,

Pierre

Old 09-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Rashif Ray Rahman

On 16 September 2012 01:26, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on using systemd's nspawn instead of plain chroot. I was
> wondering if any DEV or TU does not run systemd on his build system and
> is also not able to switch to it yet (e.g. as not all daemons have been
> ported yet).

I am not running systemd either. But also, I don't often use archbuild
locally (i.e. I rely on brynhild).

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1

Old 09-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Jan Steffens

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg@jklm.no> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 7:37 PM, Lukas Jirkovsky <l.jirkovsky@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not using systemd and I don't want to switch to systemd on my
>> development machine any time soon.
>
> Are there any specific problems that is holding you back from using
> systemd? If so, I'd be happy to help sorting them out.
>
> -t

One problem was the fact that nspawn requires a terminal, so using it
from a cronjob is hard or impossible.

I asked about it, and Lennart added this to systemd's TODO recently.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:06 AM
Giovanni Scafora