Old 09-23-2012, 01:01 AM
Sébastien Luttringer

Default Python 3.3.0 and PEP 394

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Rashif Ray Rahman <schiv@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Xyne didn't appear to have write access so passing on his message as follows:

I think it's not a matter of time. If python 4 is released with no
major breaking with python 3, update will be smooth and we will never
want to have a python4-foo and python3-foo like we don't want to have
python3.2-foo and python3.3-foo.

Another case, I talked with some python dev last week which explain me
that python3 can be considered as a new language. They also suggest
that /usr/bin/python should remains python2 and new program should use
python3 in there sheebang (as mark of compatibily)

Cheers,

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer
www.seblu.net