Old 08-27-2012, 01:50 AM
keenerd

Default package move request

There are several orphan packages I'd like to maintain, currently in [extra].

python-imaging
gqview
htop
multitail
catdoc
fortune-mod

Of these python-imaging is probably the most serious. Lots of
packages depend on it, but these all are in community. Two packages
in extra optdep it: hplip and asymtote. You can see the list of
required-by and opt-required-by with

expac -S '%n %E %o ' | egrep ' (pil|python-imaging) ' |
cut -d ' ' -f 1 | xargs expac -S '%n %r'

Htop might also be a little presumptuous to ask for, but no harm
trying. And of course if any dev wants to take these, you may
certainly do so in my place.

-Kyle
http://kmkeen.com

Old 08-27-2012, 02:38 AM
Gaetan Bisson

[2012-08-26 21:50:37 -0400] keenerd:
> gqview

How about we drop it? It has been unmaintained upstream for the past
five years, which is why a fork (geeqie) was created two years ago.
Geeqie is alive and well in our repos, and there is little point in
packaging deprecated software like gqview.

No objection from me for the others.

--
Gaetan

Old 08-27-2012, 09:57 AM
Andrea Scarpino

On Monday 27 August 2012 12:38:59 Gaetan Bisson wrote:
> How about we drop it? It has been unmaintained upstream for the past
> five years, which is why a fork (geeqie) was created two years ago.
> Geeqie is alive and well in our repos, and there is little point in
> packaging deprecated software like gqview.
>
> No objection from me for the others.

Fine for me.

+1 to drop gqview and move the others to [community].

--
Andrea

Old 08-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Gaetan Bisson

[2012-08-26 21:50:37 -0400] keenerd:
> There are several orphan packages I'd like to maintain, currently in [extra].

So I just moved python-imaging, multitail, catdoc, and fortune-mod to
[community], dropped gqview to the AUR, and left htop in [extra] since
Dave adopted it.

Cheers.

--
Gaetan