-   -   util-linux-2.22-rc2 and sysvinit-tools (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/694548-util-linux-2-22-rc2-sysvinit-tools.html)

Tom Gundersen 08-16-2012 10:24 AM

util-linux-2.22-rc2 and sysvinit-tools

Hi guys,

util-linux 2.22-rc2 was recently released, and I put it up here:
<http://dev.archlinux.org/~tomegun/> if you want to take it for a
spin.

As mentioned before, some binaries will move from different packages
to util-linux, unless there are objections:

"kill" from procps-ng
"su" from coreutils
"eject" from eject (which will then go away)
and
"sulogin"
"mesg"
"utmdump"
"wall" all from sysvinit

The rest of sysvinit will be split in two: sysvinit, which conflicts
with systemd-sysvcompat, and sysvinit-tools containing:

pidof
bootlogd
fstab-decode
killall5
runlevel
last
lastb

These packages are also available from the above address.

Cheers,

Tom

Thomas Bächler 08-16-2012 11:04 AM

Am 16.08.2012 12:24, schrieb Tom Gundersen:
> Hi guys,
>
> util-linux 2.22-rc2 was recently released, and I put it up here:
> <http://dev.archlinux.org/~tomegun/> if you want to take it for a
> spin.
>
> As mentioned before, some binaries will move from different packages
> to util-linux, unless there are objections:
>
> "kill" from procps-ng
> "su" from coreutils
> "eject" from eject (which will then go away)
> and
> "sulogin"
> "mesg"
> "utmdump"
> "wall" all from sysvinit

Given the maintenance of util-linux is very active and Karel is very
responsive and gladly accepts contributions, you get my +1.

Allan McRae 08-17-2012 12:17 AM

On 16/08/12 20:24, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> util-linux 2.22-rc2 was recently released, and I put it up here:
> <http://dev.archlinux.org/~tomegun/> if you want to take it for a
> spin.
>
> As mentioned before, some binaries will move from different packages
> to util-linux, unless there are objections:
>
> "kill" from procps-ng
> "su" from coreutils

There is a new coreutils release out without su, so no option here!

Would you like me to commit the update to trunk so you can build
coreutils once util-linux-2.22 is released?

Allan

Tom Gundersen 08-17-2012 09:21 AM

On Aug 17, 2012 2:17 AM, "Allan McRae" <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 16/08/12 20:24, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > util-linux 2.22-rc2 was recently released, and I put it up here:
> > <http://dev.archlinux.org/~tomegun/> if you want to take it for a
> > spin.
> >
> > As mentioned before, some binaries will move from different packages
> > to util-linux, unless there are objections:
> >
> > "kill" from procps-ng
> > "su" from coreutils
>
> There is a new coreutils release out without su, so no option here!
>
> Would you like me to commit the update to trunk so you can build
> coreutils once util-linux-2.22 is released?
>
> Allan

Sure, just note that it is probably a few weeks off.

Tom