Old 08-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Rémy Oudompheng

Default Migration to systemd

On 2012/8/16 Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Lennart said systemd will only ever run on Linux and is only designed
> for a full fledged Fedora but is useful on embedded too. However I
> don't think he realised what level the Linux embedded world could
> expand to.

As far as I know, Archlinux does not target non-x86 embedded devices.
Some derived projects like ArchlinuxARM may do so, but their decisions
are totally independent from the desktop Archlinux team.

Rémy.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Kevin Chadwick

> > Lennart said systemd will only ever run on Linux and is only designed
> > for a full fledged Fedora but is useful on embedded too. However I
> > don't think he realised what level the Linux embedded world could
> > expand to.
>
> As far as I know, Archlinux does not target non-x86 embedded devices.
> Some derived projects like ArchlinuxARM may do so, but their decisions
> are totally independent from the desktop Archlinux team.

Yes but there is an effort to bring it all closer not further apart for
the benefit of all including arch which is why the linux kernel
supports embedded devices. Great effort has been made to make the
extremely complex kernel extremely configurable and some userland will
now be letting the side down because of code that has come from
somewhere where financial/enterprise multi-seat desktop interests are
paramount.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)