-   -   lvm on encrypted devices with systemd (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/690535-lvm-encrypted-devices-systemd.html)

Tom Gundersen 08-04-2012 11:47 AM

lvm on encrypted devices with systemd

Hi Thomas and Eric,

Currently our lvm support in systemd does not allow lvm on top of
encrypted devices [0]. This is easy to fix, and I added a second
service file to svn which does this. I didn't change the PKGBUILD to
ship it, so I'll leave it up to you to either include it in the next
release, or delete the file from svn in case you don't agree with it.

This does not allow arbitrary stacking, but at least we are now no
worse in systemd than in initscripts.

Cheers,

Tom

[0]: <https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/30908>

Eric Bélanger 08-09-2012 08:17 PM

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Tom Gundersen <teg@jklm.no> wrote:
> Hi Thomas and Eric,
>
> Currently our lvm support in systemd does not allow lvm on top of
> encrypted devices [0]. This is easy to fix, and I added a second
> service file to svn which does this. I didn't change the PKGBUILD to
> ship it, so I'll leave it up to you to either include it in the next
> release, or delete the file from svn in case you don't agree with it.
>
> This does not allow arbitrary stacking, but at least we are now no
> worse in systemd than in initscripts.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tom
>
> [0]: <https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/30908>

Hi,

I don't use either systemd nor encryption so I can't test this service
file. If the people using these things with lvm2 require this service
file, then I don't object in adding it. I assume that it was tested.

There's a new upstream release for lvm2. Later today, I intend to
push it in testing along with this new service file as no one has
posted any objections.

Eric