Old 08-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Stéphane Gaudreault

Default drop nasm-doc

Nasm is splitted in nasm and nasm-doc [1]. The latter contains the
assembler documentation in various formats (ps, pdf, txt and html).
Since this documentation can downloaded or be consulted online from [2],
I propose to drop it from our repository. The manpages and the info
stuff will still be provided by the nasm pkg.

Any objection ?

Cheers,

Stéphane

[1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/19899
[2] http://www.nasm.us/docs.php

Old 08-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Dave Reisner

On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 11:53:35AM -0400, Stéphane Gaudreault wrote:
> Nasm is splitted in nasm and nasm-doc [1]. The latter contains the
> assembler documentation in various formats (ps, pdf, txt and html).
> Since this documentation can downloaded or be consulted online from [2],
> I propose to drop it from our repository. The manpages and the info
> stuff will still be provided by the nasm pkg.
>
> Any objection ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stéphane
>
> [1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/19899
> [2] http://www.nasm.us/docs.php

But this triples the size of the package!
</sarcasm>

+1 to avoiding a split whenever possible.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Stéphane Gaudreault

Le 2012-08-02 12:00, Dave Reisner a écrit :
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 11:53:35AM -0400, Stéphane Gaudreault wrote:
>> Nasm is splitted in nasm and nasm-doc [1]. The latter contains the
>> assembler documentation in various formats (ps, pdf, txt and html).
>> Since this documentation can downloaded or be consulted online from [2],
>> I propose to drop it from our repository. The manpages and the info
>> stuff will still be provided by the nasm pkg.
>>
>> Any objection ?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Stéphane
>>
>> [1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/19899
>> [2] http://www.nasm.us/docs.php
>>
> But this triples the size of the package!
> </sarcasm>
>
> +1 to avoiding a split whenever possible.

Just to be clear, I want to drop nasm-doc and everything it contains.
The new nasm package will contain exactly the same files as what there
is in the nams pkg now, nothing more, nothing less. This will free some
space in the server