-   -   pkgstats now collects modules usage (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/688654-pkgstats-now-collects-modules-usage.html)

Tom Gundersen 07-29-2012 03:53 PM

pkgstats now collects modules usage

Hi guys,

Pierre suggested I make a news item for the new pkgstats package. Any comments?

pkgstats now collects modules usage

In an attempt at making the default kernel and initramfs more robust
for the majority of users, we would like to gather some information
about which kernel modules and cpu architecture are most common.

As of version 2.3, pkgstats is now able to collect this information.
We would like to encourage everyone to install pkgstats so your setup
will be taken into account.