Old 07-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Karol Blazewicz

Default initscripts config

Re: http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2012-July/023304.html

Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> At Thomas' suggestion I added a new manpage: ArchLinux(7)

Does it have to be CamelCase?

Old 07-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Tom Gundersen

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 12:35 AM, Karol Blazewicz
<karol.blazewicz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Re: http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2012-July/023304.html
>
> Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
>> At Thomas' suggestion I added a new manpage: ArchLinux(7)
>
> Does it have to be CamelCase?

Nope. Changed in git.

-t

Old 07-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Geert Hendrickx

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 12:46:52 +0200, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> > 4.2) To be clear, is there going to be a separate configuration for
> > the HARDWARECLOCK and TIMEZONE variables?
>
> There already are. That's the problem. HARDWARECLOCK is configured in
> the third line of /etc/adjtime (see hwclock(8)), TIMEZONE is
> configured by pointing the /etc/localtime symlink at what you want.

What should it look like for people previously using "any other value" for
HARDWARECLOCK? (for virtualization setups where there is no hardware
clock)

The manpage no longer mentions the "any other value" option, and hwclock(8)
does not say anything about virtual systems either.

Geert

--
geert.hendrickx.be :: geert@hendrickx.be :: PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F