Old 07-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Florian Pritz

Default KDE Package Guidelines (aka AUR plasmoids mess)

On 07/15/2012 11:01 AM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> If we would rename all our packages in that way, will be really difficult, for
> both users and maintainer, to understand if we are talking about an official kde
> plasmoid or not.

Why does it matter whether an applet is from KDE upstream or a thrid
party? You can run pacman -Si oder cower -i kdeplasma-whatever and look
at the homepage URL to see where it came from if you really need to
know, but I don't see any need for changing the package name here.

--
Florian Pritz -- {flo,bluewind}@server-speed.net

Old 07-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Andrea Scarpino

On Sunday 15 July 2012 11:18:05 Florian Pritz wrote:
> Why does it matter whether an applet is from KDE upstream or a thrid
> party? You can run pacman -Si oder cower -i kdeplasma-whatever and look
> at the homepage URL to see where it came from if you really need to
> know, but I don't see any need for changing the package name here.

Let's say we start to move some plasmoid from AUR to [extra]/[community] with
the kdeplasma-addons-applets schema.
So, I (user X which already installed the kdeplasma-addons group) type pacman
-S kdeplasma-addons-applets and I press tab twice; the output is a very long
list where the 80% 90% of those packages are already installed on my system. I
found this annoying.

Also, kdeplasma-addons-applets-$plasmoidname really sucks IMHO.

--
Andrea