Old 07-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Dan McGee

Default grub/grub2

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 5:54 AM, Ronald van Haren <pressh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I drafted a newsitem for when I'll kill GRUB legacy and move GRUB v2
> to [core] in one of following days.
>
> Any comments/improvements are welcome!
>
> Ronald
>

> #####################################
> GRUB legacy no longer supported
>
> GRUB 2.x has moved to [core]. With this move support for GRUB legacy
> (i.e. version 0.9x) is dropped, which is now moved to AUR.
>
> Although GRUB legacy will not be removed from your system and will
> stay fully functional, you should consider upgrading to GRUB version
> 2.x, or one of the other supported bootloaders.
>
> Please consult <a href="https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Grub">the
> wiki</a> for detailed installation instructions for GRUB version 2.x.
"the Grub wiki page" - links that have generic titles are not helpful,
or at least I would expect that to link to the front page of the wiki
and not a specific article.

-Dan

P.S. Please use markdown syntax, e..g [the Grub wiki
page](https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Grub)

Old 07-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Pierre Schmitz

Am 11.07.2012 12:54, schrieb Ronald van Haren:
> Hi,
>
> I drafted a newsitem for when I'll kill GRUB legacy and move GRUB v2
> to [core] in one of following days.
>
> Any comments/improvements are welcome!

It seems there is still grub2 in extra. You might want to remove it
with /arch/db-remove and then remove the svn directory.

Greetings,

Pierre

Old 07-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Ronald van Haren

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am 11.07.2012 12:54, schrieb Ronald van Haren:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I drafted a newsitem for when I'll kill GRUB legacy and move GRUB v2
>> to [core] in one of following days.
>>
>> Any comments/improvements are welcome!
>
> It seems there is still grub2 in extra. You might want to remove it
> with /arch/db-remove and then remove the svn directory.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Pierre
>
> --
> Pierre Schmitz, https://pierre-schmitz.com