Old 07-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Ronald van Haren

Default grub/grub2

Hi,

I drafted a newsitem for when I'll kill GRUB legacy and move GRUB v2
to [core] in one of following days.

Any comments/improvements are welcome!

Ronald

GRUB legacy no longer supported

GRUB 2.x has moved to [core]. With this move support for GRUB legacy
(i.e. version 0.9x) is dropped, which is now moved to AUR.

Although GRUB legacy will not be removed from your system and will
stay fully functional, you should consider upgrading to GRUB version
2.x, or one of the other supported bootloaders.

Please consult <a href="https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Grub">the
wiki</a> for detailed installation instructions for GRUB version 2.x.