Old 07-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Genes MailLists

Default final leg of /lib removal

On 07/09/12 07:48, Dave Reisner wrote:

You need to regenerate your locales with 'locale-gen'.

Thank you both - that fixed it (I needed to uncomment en_US_xxx in
/etc/locale-gen first.

thanks again

gene

Old 07-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Giorgio Lando

On lun 09/07/12, 07:38, Genes MailLists wrote:
> Now certain bash commands (e.g. "su -") give this error (sorry for wrap)
>
> -bash: warning: setlocale: LC_CTYPE: cannot change locale
> (en_US.UTF-8): No such file or directory
> -bash: warning: setlocale: LC_NUMERIC: cannot change locale
> (en_US.UTF-8): No such file or directory
> -bash: warning: setlocale: LC_TIME: cannot change locale
> (en_US.UTF-8): No such file or directory
> -bash: warning: setlocale: LC_COLLATE: cannot change locale
> (en_US.UTF-8): No such file or directory
> -bash: warning: setlocale: LC_MESSAGES: cannot change locale
> (en_US.UTF-8): No such file or directory
> The udpate to glibc 2.16.0-2 went well - and /lib is now a soft
> link to /usr/lib.

I do not think that your glibc update went really well, because the locales
have not been generated (and this should have happened when glibc was updated).
Since you are nonetheless out of the /lib-symlinks hell, I think that reinstalling glibc
should be safe for you and perhaps solve your issue:

#pacman -S glibc

Giorgio