Old 06-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Tom Gundersen

Default /run/lock permissions

Hi guys,

Currently, on systems using initscripts, /run/lock (aka /var/lock) has
permissions 1777. In the next release I want to remove this hard-coded
permissions, and let us follow whatever is configured in
/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/legacy.conf.

I suggest we follow the upstream suggestion, whose justification has
been outlined on the systemd mailing list [0]. The local admin can
easily overwrite this if they want by coping
/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/legacy.conf to /etc/tmpfiles.d/ and edit it there.

This might mean that some pieces of software should be updated to
either use their own subdir such as /run/lock/<pkgname>, or be put in
the "lock" group and use /run/lock/lockdev.

Any objections?

Cheers,

Tom

[0]: <http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2011-March/001823.html>.