Old 05-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Guillaume ALAUX

Default New Java library packages

Hello,

I would like to create some new packages in [extra]. They are all
"core" Java libraries (JARs). I say "core" because they are all basic
libraries used by a lot of Java projects.

I am posting here*to see if someone has something to say against
officially supporting these in Arch and also*so that devs/TUs who
maintain Java apps know they could officially rely on these libs.

Here is a first list based on what *I* would need for 'apache-ant'
(names are as used by upstream projects. I plan to prepend them with
'java-')

- activation.jar
- bcel.jar (already pushed in extra as 'java-bcel')
- bsf.jar
- gnumail.jar
- inetlib.jar
- jdepend.jar
- log4j-1.2.jar
- xml-resolver-1.2.jar
- commons-net.jar
- jsch.jar

Some are in the AUR but on various states (some OOD, orphans, adopted by me).

--
Guillaume