Old 05-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Allan McRae

Default call for maintainer / drop package

On 23/05/12 08:41, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Easytag is unmaintained and no longer builds against the newest
> version of libmp4v2, and they have no patches for this (as far as I
> can tell) upstream.
>
> Does anyone want to take on easytag to sort this out, or should we
> drop the package to community (does any TU's want it?), or to AUR?
>
> A short-term solution (which I'll do if no one steps up to take it
> over) would be to drop support for mp4 from easytag.

If no-one steps up to maintain the package, just drop it to the AUR. No
point spending time on it.

Allan

Old 05-23-2012, 08:09 PM
Jeremy Audet

I use Easytag myself, and would like to see it stay in good working order.
I'll try hacking at the source a bit, and seeing if I can patch the
problem. Who knows how long it'll take me, though; it might be prudent to
remove the libmp4v2 dependency for now, and re-add the dependency if/when
the program is fixed.

--Jeremy