Old 05-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Daniel Isenmann

Default Google+ Hangout

Hi,

it took a little bit longer, but here is the date for our first Google+
Hangout. Some devs know what I mean, for all the others a short
explanation.

I had a discussion with some devs on Google+
(https://plus.google.com/u/0/112342248775237115466/posts/ZufJjeLNCUB)
about doing a hangout, see it like an inofficial developer meeting
with audio and video. There will be no agenda (not from my side), but if
anyone wants to talk about specific topics nobody will stop him.

My main reason for doing such a hangout is to get to know the devs
behind the email address. I know some of the devs from conferences or
from pictures only, this will be the chance to see and talk to each
other. If someone is afraid of talking English, there is also a text
chat beside the hangout. ;-)

You will need the following plugin from AUR for hangouts:

Now about the date and time. I know that it's hard to find a date where
everybody has time and the different time zones are the next big issue
to solve.

My suggestion will be Sunday May 27th, 7:00pm (CEST). This is
1:00pm (EST) and sadly for our devs down under this will be Sunday 28th,
1:00am (AEST).

I will start the hangout from our Arch Linux G+ page and will invite
all the devs I know on G+ to the given time.

Feel free to add any topic if you want talk about it or if you have any
other suggestions.

Daniel

PS: This won't be our last hangout, so if you can't join for this one,
then maybe the next one ;-)

Old 05-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On 19 May 2012 19:56, Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:
> I will start the hangout from our Arch Linux G+ page and will invite
> all the devs I know on G+ to the given time.
Just a clarification: the devs interested need to add the Arch Linux
page to their circles, otherwise you cannot invite them.

See you there!

--
Andrea

Old 05-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Jan Steffens

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it took a little bit longer, but here is the date for our first Google+
> Hangout. Some devs know what I mean, for all the others a short
> explanation.
>
> I had a discussion with some devs on Google+
> (https://plus.google.com/u/0/112342248775237115466/posts/ZufJjeLNCUB)
> about doing a hangout, see it like an inofficial developer meeting
> with audio and video. There will be no agenda (not from my side), but if
> anyone wants to talk about specific topics nobody will stop him.
>
> My main reason for doing such a hangout is to get to know the devs
> behind the email address. I know some of the devs from conferences or
> from pictures only, this will be the chance to see and talk to each
> other. If someone is afraid of talking English, there is also a text
> chat beside the hangout. ;-)
>
> You will need the following plugin from AUR for hangouts:
>
> Now about the date and time. I know that it's hard to find a date where
> everybody has time and the different time zones are the next big issue
> to solve.
>
> My suggestion will be Sunday May 27th, 7:00pm (CEST). This is
> 1:00pm (EST) and sadly for our devs down under this will be Sunday 28th,
> 1:00am (AEST).
>

> I will start the hangout from our Arch Linux G+ page and will invite
> all the devs I know on G+ to the given time.
>
> Feel free to add any topic if you want talk about it or if you have any
> other suggestions.
>
> *Daniel
>
> PS: This won't be our last hangout, so if you can't join for this one,
> then maybe the next one ;-)

Will this be "On Air" or not? I won't be able to join the former.

If not, see you there!

Old 05-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Tom Gundersen

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it took a little bit longer, but here is the date for our first Google+
> Hangout. Some devs know what I mean, for all the others a short
> explanation.
>
> I had a discussion with some devs on Google+
> (https://plus.google.com/u/0/112342248775237115466/posts/ZufJjeLNCUB)
> about doing a hangout, see it like an inofficial developer meeting
> with audio and video. There will be no agenda (not from my side), but if
> anyone wants to talk about specific topics nobody will stop him.
>
> My main reason for doing such a hangout is to get to know the devs
> behind the email address. I know some of the devs from conferences or
> from pictures only, this will be the chance to see and talk to each
> other. If someone is afraid of talking English, there is also a text
> chat beside the hangout. ;-)
>
> You will need the following plugin from AUR for hangouts:
>
> Now about the date and time. I know that it's hard to find a date where
> everybody has time and the different time zones are the next big issue
> to solve.
>
> My suggestion will be Sunday May 27th, 7:00pm (CEST). This is
> 1:00pm (EST) and sadly for our devs down under this will be Sunday 28th,
> 1:00am (AEST).

Cool, I'll try to join.

-t

Old 05-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Daniel Isenmann

Jan Steffens <jan.steffens@gmail.com> schrieb:

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it took a little bit longer, but here is the date for our first Google+
> Hangout. Some devs know what I mean, for all the others a short
> explanation.
>
> I had a discussion with some devs on Google+
> (https://plus.google.com/u/0/112342248775237115466/posts/ZufJjeLNCUB)
> about doing a hangout, see it like an inofficial developer meeting
> with audio and video. There will be no agenda (not from my side), but if
> anyone wants to talk about specific topics nobody will stop him.
>
> My main reason for doing such a hangout is to get to know the devs
> behind the email address. I know some of the devs from conferences or
> from pictures only, this will be the chance to see and talk to each
> other. If someone is afraid of talking English, there is also a text
> chat beside the hangout. ;-)
>
> You will need the following plugin from AUR for hangouts:
>
> Now about the date and time. I know that it's hard to find a date where
> everybody has time and the different time zones are the next big issue
> to solve.
>
> My suggestion will be Sunday May 27th, 7:00pm (CEST). This is
> 1:00pm (EST) and sadly for our devs down under this will be Sunday 28th,
> 1:00am (AEST).
>

> I will start the hangout from our Arch Linux G+ page and will invite
> all the devs I know on G+ to the given time.
>
> Feel free to add any topic if you want talk about it or if you have any
> other suggestions.
>
> Daniel
>
> PS: This won't be our last hangout, so if you can't join for this one,
> then maybe the next one ;-)

Will this be "On Air" or not? I won't be able to join the former.

If not, see you there!

No, this will be no "On Air". I can't join them, too. It will be a normal hangout.

Daniel

Old 05-20-2012, 09:18 AM
Allan McRae

On 20/05/12 03:56, Daniel Isenmann wrote:

> My suggestion will be Sunday May 27th, 7:00pm (CEST). This is
> 1:00pm (EST) and sadly for our devs down under this will be Sunday 28th,
> 1:00am (AEST).

Wow... Sunday May 27th and Sunday 28th! :P

Anyway, I will not be attending at that time of the morning.

Allan

Old 05-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Ronald van Haren

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 20/05/12 03:56, Daniel Isenmann wrote:
>>
>> My suggestion will be Sunday May 27th, 7:00pm (CEST). This is
>> 1:00pm (EST) and sadly for our devs down under this will be Sunday 28th,
>> 1:00am (AEST).
>>

> Wow... *Sunday May 27th and Sunday 28th! * :P
>
> Anyway, I will not be attending at that time of the morning.
>
> Allan

I'm not sure yet but I don't think I can make it either this weekend.

Ronald

Old 05-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Daniel Isenmann

On Sat, 19 May 2012 19:56:43 +0200
Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it took a little bit longer, but here is the date for our first
> Google+ Hangout. Some devs know what I mean, for all the others a
> short explanation.
>
> I had a discussion with some devs on Google+
> (https://plus.google.com/u/0/112342248775237115466/posts/ZufJjeLNCUB)
> about doing a hangout, see it like an inofficial developer meeting
> with audio and video. There will be no agenda (not from my side), but
> if anyone wants to talk about specific topics nobody will stop him.
>
> My main reason for doing such a hangout is to get to know the devs
> behind the email address. I know some of the devs from conferences or
> from pictures only, this will be the chance to see and talk to each
> other. If someone is afraid of talking English, there is also a text
> chat beside the hangout. ;-)
>
> You will need the following plugin from AUR for hangouts:
>
> Now about the date and time. I know that it's hard to find a date
> where everybody has time and the different time zones are the next
> big issue to solve.
>
> My suggestion will be Sunday May 27th, 7:00pm (CEST). This is
> 1:00pm (EST) and sadly for our devs down under this will be Sunday
> 28th, 1:00am (AEST).
>

> I will start the hangout from our Arch Linux G+ page and will invite
> all the devs I know on G+ to the given time.
>
> Feel free to add any topic if you want talk about it or if you have
> any other suggestions.
>
> Daniel
>
> PS: This won't be our last hangout, so if you can't join for this one,
> then maybe the next one ;-)

Some more information about the hangout. You will need a headphone
otherwise there can be some echoes at the voice chat and you will need
a webcam ;-)

Due some restrictions from Google there can only be a
maximum of 10 people in one hangout, so first come first serve. All the
others will get a notification that the hangout is full. But you can
join if another is leaving the hangout. We have to check how we can
handle this if there are more than 10 devs who try to join.

I would suggest that every dev who join the hangout is also logged in
at out IRC dev channel.

See you guys next Sunday....

Daniel