Old 05-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Tom Gundersen

Default procps and procps-ng compatibility

Hi guys,

We (Arch Linux) recently moved from procps to procps-ng[0], and we ran
into a small incompatibility (with "sysctl -p" now taking an optional
argument) [1].

It was easy enough to work around, but we wondered if these sorts of
incompatibilities are documented anywhere (I could not find it in the
manpage) and if there are others like it that we should know of?

Cheers,

Tom

[0]: <http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2012-April/022845.html>
[1]: <https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/29760>