FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Damir Perisa
 
Default qt>=4 release schedule

hi devs,

qtiplot 0.9 is now in testing and cannot be backported to work. (0.8.9
needs old qt>=3 but has also quite some problems for building)

therefore the only actually working qtiplot is now in testing. it
depends on qt>=4 and pyqt>=4 (and newest qwt and qwtplot3d)

details here:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6673

so i'm wondering if there is some news or a schedule of the release of
new qt pkgs now in testing. what needs to be tested/rebuild so that
we can move qt and all other pkgs related to it to extra?

for me everything qt4 related works so far for me (x86_64).

- D

--
.`..`..`..`..`..`. .


><((((>

<)))><
<)))><

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-28-2007, 04:15 PM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default qt>=4 release schedule

On Nov 27, 2007 3:25 PM, Damir Perisa <damir.perisa@solnet.ch> wrote:
> hi devs,
>
> qtiplot 0.9 is now in testing and cannot be backported to work. (0.8.9
> needs old qt>=3 but has also quite some problems for building)
>
> therefore the only actually working qtiplot is now in testing. it
> depends on qt>=4 and pyqt>=4 (and newest qwt and qwtplot3d)
>
> details here:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6673
>
> so i'm wondering if there is some news or a schedule of the release of
> new qt pkgs now in testing. what needs to be tested/rebuild so that
> we can move qt and all other pkgs related to it to extra?
>
> for me everything qt4 related works so far for me (x86_64).

I don't use qt/kde apps in general, so I'm not sure where potential
breakage would occur. If there's anything I/we can do to speed up
testing on this, let us know.

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Pierre Schmitz
 
Default qt>=4 release schedule

Am Dienstag, 27. November 2007 22:25:03 schrieb Damir Perisa:
> hi devs,
>
> qtiplot 0.9 is now in testing and cannot be backported to work. (0.8.9
> needs old qt>=3 but has also quite some problems for building)
>
> therefore the only actually working qtiplot is now in testing. it
> depends on qt>=4 and pyqt>=4 (and newest qwt and qwtplot3d)
>
> details here:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6673
>
> so i'm wondering if there is some news or a schedule of the release of
> new qt pkgs now in testing. what needs to be tested/rebuild so that
> we can move qt and all other pkgs related to it to extra?
>
> for me everything qt4 related works so far for me (x86_64).
>
> - D

The qt stuff is quite stable imho. The only showstopper I see atm is pacman
itself. It still has the problem that it does not update the dependencies of
allready installed packages. Afaik this will only be solved by pacman 3.1.

--
archlinux.de

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-28-2007, 10:14 PM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default qt>=4 release schedule

On Nov 28, 2007 5:04 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 27. November 2007 22:25:03 schrieb Damir Perisa:
> > hi devs,
> >
> > qtiplot 0.9 is now in testing and cannot be backported to work. (0.8.9
> > needs old qt>=3 but has also quite some problems for building)
> >
> > therefore the only actually working qtiplot is now in testing. it
> > depends on qt>=4 and pyqt>=4 (and newest qwt and qwtplot3d)
> >
> > details here:
> > http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6673
> >
> > so i'm wondering if there is some news or a schedule of the release of
> > new qt pkgs now in testing. what needs to be tested/rebuild so that
> > we can move qt and all other pkgs related to it to extra?
> >
> > for me everything qt4 related works so far for me (x86_64).
> >
> > - D
>
> The qt stuff is quite stable imho. The only showstopper I see atm is pacman
> itself. It still has the problem that it does not update the dependencies of
> allready installed packages. Afaik this will only be solved by pacman 3.1.

Could you point me to a bug report here? I'm not sure I remember this one

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-29-2007, 12:07 AM
"Dan McGee"
 
Default qt>=4 release schedule

On Nov 28, 2007 5:14 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2007 5:04 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 27. November 2007 22:25:03 schrieb Damir Perisa:
> > > hi devs,
> > >
> > > qtiplot 0.9 is now in testing and cannot be backported to work. (0.8.9
> > > needs old qt>=3 but has also quite some problems for building)
> > >
> > > therefore the only actually working qtiplot is now in testing. it
> > > depends on qt>=4 and pyqt>=4 (and newest qwt and qwtplot3d)
> > >
> > > details here:
> > > http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6673
> > >
> > > so i'm wondering if there is some news or a schedule of the release of
> > > new qt pkgs now in testing. what needs to be tested/rebuild so that
> > > we can move qt and all other pkgs related to it to extra?
> > >
> > > for me everything qt4 related works so far for me (x86_64).
> > >
> > > - D
> >
> > The qt stuff is quite stable imho. The only showstopper I see atm is pacman
> > itself. It still has the problem that it does not update the dependencies of
> > allready installed packages. Afaik this will only be solved by pacman 3.1.
>
> Could you point me to a bug report here? I'm not sure I remember this one

This is the whole requiredby issue- qt will be left with all the what
should be qt3 deps because of basically a package name change, I
believe.

-Dan

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-29-2007, 12:35 AM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default qt>=4 release schedule

On Nov 28, 2007 7:07 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Nov 28, 2007 5:14 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Nov 28, 2007 5:04 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> > > Am Dienstag, 27. November 2007 22:25:03 schrieb Damir Perisa:
> > > > hi devs,
> > > >
> > > > qtiplot 0.9 is now in testing and cannot be backported to work. (0.8.9
> > > > needs old qt>=3 but has also quite some problems for building)
> > > >
> > > > therefore the only actually working qtiplot is now in testing. it
> > > > depends on qt>=4 and pyqt>=4 (and newest qwt and qwtplot3d)
> > > >
> > > > details here:
> > > > http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6673
> > > >
> > > > so i'm wondering if there is some news or a schedule of the release of
> > > > new qt pkgs now in testing. what needs to be tested/rebuild so that
> > > > we can move qt and all other pkgs related to it to extra?
> > > >
> > > > for me everything qt4 related works so far for me (x86_64).
> > > >
> > > > - D
> > >
> > > The qt stuff is quite stable imho. The only showstopper I see atm is pacman
> > > itself. It still has the problem that it does not update the dependencies of
> > > allready installed packages. Afaik this will only be solved by pacman 3.1.
> >
> > Could you point me to a bug report here? I'm not sure I remember this one
>
> This is the whole requiredby issue- qt will be left with all the what
> should be qt3 deps because of basically a package name change, I
> believe.

Yeah, Xavier got to me first - this is a requiredby issue, which is
totally removed in 3.1, yay.

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Pierre Schmitz
 
Default qt>=4 release schedule

Am Donnerstag, 29. November 2007 02:35:06 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> Yeah, Xavier got to me first - this is a requiredby issue, which is
> totally removed in 3.1, yay.

Do you know when pacman 3.1 might be ready for a release? If we just ignore
this issue and move this stuff to extra, will the broken dependencies
corrected when the new pacman will be installed?

--
archlinux.de

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-29-2007, 10:00 AM
"Roman Kyrylych"
 
Default qt>=4 release schedule

2007/11/29, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de>:
> Am Donnerstag, 29. November 2007 02:35:06 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> > Yeah, Xavier got to me first - this is a requiredby issue, which is
> > totally removed in 3.1, yay.
>
> Do you know when pacman 3.1 might be ready for a release? If we just ignore
> this issue and move this stuff to extra, will the broken dependencies
> corrected when the new pacman will be installed?

There won't be issues like "local db says that 'foo' depends on 'bar'
but that's not true"
because pacman 3.1 doesn't read/write such information in a local db.
"Required by" entries in -Qi (and all other operations) are calculated
at run time in pacman 3.1.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)
_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 
Old 11-29-2007, 05:13 PM
"Aaron Griffin"
 
Default qt>=4 release schedule

On Nov 29, 2007 5:00 AM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/11/29, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de>:
> > Am Donnerstag, 29. November 2007 02:35:06 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> > > Yeah, Xavier got to me first - this is a requiredby issue, which is
> > > totally removed in 3.1, yay.
> >
> > Do you know when pacman 3.1 might be ready for a release? If we just ignore
> > this issue and move this stuff to extra, will the broken dependencies
> > corrected when the new pacman will be installed?
>
> There won't be issues like "local db says that 'foo' depends on 'bar'
> but that's not true"
> because pacman 3.1 doesn't read/write such information in a local db.
> "Required by" entries in -Qi (and all other operations) are calculated
> at run time in pacman 3.1.

Yeah Roman explained it well enough. RequiredBy issues will just go
away when pacman3.1 is released.

Judging from here: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8109
There's not a huge amount of work left, and a lot of those are already
done. Still, Dan would be better at predicting a release date...

_______________________________________________
arch-dev-public mailing list
arch-dev-public@archlinux.org
http://archlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/arch-dev-public
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:44 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org